The Coming Evangelical Collapse

by SixofNine 67 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

American Christians seldom seem to be able to separate their theology from an overall idea of personal affluence and success

This man must be living in a bubble. Speak for yourself!

And then there is this:

4. Despite some very successful developments in the past 25 years, Christian education has not produced a product that can withstand the rising tide of secularism. Evangelicalism has used its educational system primarily to staff its own needs and talk to itself.

7. The money will dry up.

And the mindset that characterizes those two statements is at the root of the problem.

BTS

• Caedes
    Caedes

No true scotsman evangelical?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Everybody talks about these hateful Evangelicals. I may not agree with their theology but I've never been treated hatefully by an Evangelical Christian. I have known many. I've worked with many. I do not hide who I am from anyone. You can always pick out a loon in the crowd and use him to smear everyone. Or a small minority and do the same. That is what you are doing here.

BTS

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's no different than labelling Muslims as extremists. The only difference is some people don't understand that the same form of extremism is in the good ol' u.s. of A.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Caedes

That's an example of a doctor being killed. But, who said, let alone proved it was a Christian extremist

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

shamus

Lets look at the deeds of the founder of Islam vs the founder of Christianity

• Caedes
    Caedes

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/31/preacher.freezer/index.html

We could go on all night like this.

No true scotsman evangelical?

• Caedes
  • jws
    jws

That's an example of a doctor being killed. But, who said, let alone proved it was a Christian extremist

The guy convicted for the crime (James Charles Kopp) was associated with an anti-abortion group "The Lambs of Christ". His background was Catholic.

But, we could look at the Wikipedia page on Anti-Abortion Violence.

Paul Jennings Hill was a Presbyterian who killed an abortion worker.

Others were Catholic, or there was no affiliation that I could discern. They mostly seem to be Christian extremists though. As far as Evangelical, the Presbyterian was the only one I could find.

• Caedes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit