The Coming Evangelical Collapse

by SixofNine 67 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Catholic, christian, fundie... muslim, muslim extremist... it's all the same.

Oh Cades, the truth hurts. We are no better in North America than our fellow Muslims when it comes to religion. Maybe just a wee bit better at it, but not by much.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Oh Cades, the truth hurts. We are no better in North America than our fellow Muslims when it comes to religion. Maybe just a wee bit better at it, but not by much.

What a tool. Go live in Iran or Saudi Arabia for a few months, and tell me we are no better off in America when it comes to religion.

BTS

• Caedes
    Caedes

Monty, DD

What, no answer?

I guess you don't want me to start looking at the religious leanings of prison in-mates then?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I guess you don't want me to start looking at the religious leanings of prison in-mates then?

Sure, so long as we include the religious leanings of megalomaniacal 20th century charismatic dictators.

Not fair you say?

You choose to highlight the worst individual elements in the demographic in order to justify your prejudices: you hate people that have a religious faith. That is your problem, not ours.

BTS

• shamus100
    shamus100

North America is no better, on a whole, than anyone else, period. We have extremist groups just like everyone else. Stop focusing on places like Saudi Arabia and Iraq and look at the big picture.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    Sure, so long as we include the religious leanings of megalomaniacal 20th century charismatic dictators.
    Not fair you say?

No, I am fully prepared to take into account Hitler's catholicism and even communist dictators, but then I am not claiming the moral high ground.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    You choose to highlight the worst individual elements in the demographic in order to justify your prejudices: you hate people that have a religious faith. That is your problem, not ours.

Perhaps you could highlight where I have said that I hate theists? What about your hatred of people with a different political opinion to your own?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    but then I am not claiming the moral high ground.

Well I am not either, but I do accuse you and your militant antitheist fellow travelers of the current movement of a hateful prejudice, one that will sow violent seeds of its own as it develops in the future.

BTS

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes; it seems many people forget that, Caedes.

Selective memory would be more like it.

The only reason why Saudi Arabia has not been overthrown is they keep to themselves.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What about your hatred of people with a different political opinion to your own?

More changing the subject Caedes? More deflection Caedes? Incapable of fighting fair? I only "hate" those that coerce me. Is that good enough for you?

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit