Do You Try To Avoid The Witnesses If Possible?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    It depends who they are, and in what setting.

That's me as well...

I have family still in so I have to be around them. They don't "go there" very often as it has been counter-productive for them to try to "encourage" me. I do have some limited contact with a few the dubs that I knew well back when I was active. I don't necessarily seek their association but if I find myself in a situation where we'll be together, I don't hide from them. Sometimes I've had some pretty good times with those that are willing to socialize without getting all JWy on me.

There are some that I avoid. The list is too long to go into for all the reasons, suffice it to say I don't trust them.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Yeah, I try to avoid them as much as possible. They bring me down with all their gloom and doom and their loaded language is pathetic. Even their own fake persona is indulgent.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

It depends on the personality of the JW I happen to meet up with in a public place. There were a few that I would like to say hello to and others I would not give the time of day. I have not had ONE "call" here in the nearly ten years since I walked away from the WTS. It is one good advantage of living in a small town where everyone knows your business, LOL! I am SURE that any who were not around ten years ago and did not know me....are more than well aware that an evil and dreaded apostate lives here!

hugs,

Annie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - I actively seek them out. Tis called Theocratic Warfare Strategy don't ya know

• minimus
    minimus

To be impartial, there are some Witnesses that I do like. But I'm honestly not comfortable with them.

• parakeet
    parakeet

To the dub lurkers:

Before you read this thread and say, "See, the apostates are afraid to face us because we have The Truth," read closely.

We're just sick and tired of your gloom-and-doom, never-come-true phrophecies and your smug attitudes.

• jws
    jws

I don't live in the area where I was a JW either. I look forward to engaging them about their beliefs and raising a few questions.

However, they don't seem to hit my home very much. For the first 4 years I lived here, I had Baptists call twice before the JWs showed up (as far as I know).

I did talk to one guy who had me as a return visit for several years. I know I had him doubting 1914 chronology. And I'm doubting he's still a JW. Since he stopped calling, I haven't heard from them. I haven't seen them out anyplace either.

I think it's kind of cool being undercover. They have no idea what I once was and thus have no power over me. It's kind of liberating to talk to them defiantly and raise questions to their faces, argue with elders, make them confused. These are things I can't do to JWs I know from back home because I'd be DF'ed and then have problems talking to JW family members.

• minimus
    minimus

Parakeet is correct!

• Dagney
    Dagney

I have to see some from time to time in business. I don't think about it until they start speaking "JW speak," then I remember all the crap. I was with some for 4 days a week ago and gloom and doom was right. Eeesh.

I have a couple who are still friends that I do things with.

• minimus
    minimus

I wonder if any Witnesses feel uncomfortable with us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit