7 Congregations in My Area, VT, MA, NH, Have Been Cut to 3!!!

by Seeker4 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I got this verified today. Seven congregations that were in my old circuits now are only three.

North and South Gardner, MA were merged.

North and South Claremont, NH were merged.

North Adams, MA and Bennington, VT were merged.

The Wilmington, VT Congregation was dissolved.

There has been discussion to merge the Keene and Swanzey, NH congregations, but there are some strong personalities among the two Bodies of Elders opposing that, so it is not likely to happen, though I hear that Keene has got some big problems in its BOE and VERY poor service, etc.

That's 9 congregations within about a 70 mile radius that are all seeing some serious trouble.

Anyone hearing anything similar happening where they are?

S4

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Seeker,

What has happened in the area? Have people been moving out of the area at some inordinate rate? Just out of curiousity, what are the local stats for faders, DA'ed and DF'ed, and the average age of the publishers in the congos? Are lots of old people dying off?

It's great news though, any way you slice it.

Thanks for posting.

Alex

• Decided
    Decided

None closing that I know about. There are several that are now 2 congregations, one spanish and one english, both using the same KH. We are being flooded by Mexicans.

Ken P.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Was all that in a short period of time? Dramatic! Were they not contributing to the headquarters enough! :)

• zarco
    zarco

In this area all the congregations that I know of are intact. The core problem that will lead to congregation closings in the future are that the bright elders, thinkers and leaders are backing away, stepping aside or wearing down. This leaves a group of leaders who possess no leadership qualities. The remaining individuals are neither thought leaders nor problem solvers. This most certainly will affect attendance at meetings, contributions and field activity overtime.

I don't know if christ really said this but " by their fruits you will recognize them" ..... it is clearly recognizable that the fruits from the current generation of witness leaders are severely flawed.

zarco

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

This has been happening in the NYC area for some years now. I haven't checked lately so it may have slowed down.

Isaac

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah`s Witness`s are the fastest growing Christian Religion on Earth!!..All Praise.............The WBT$ say`s so!!

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I think any area with a substantial immigrant population will be seeing growth - but that is not so here in New England. It's interesting that this has been happening in NYC

Alpaca, I have no way of knowing the answer to those questions. Let me think about it.

Gayle, I'm not sure about the time frame, but I would assume it is over the last couple of years. I'll see what I can find out.

S4

• observador
    observador

Hi Seeker,

This is great news! I can't comment in the numbers here in my area, but there are two aspects of the whole thing that could explain the lower numbers here in New England: a) the immigrant populatin is dwindling given the economic slowdown (many stores closing, house market down, etc. etc.) b) There also is the problem of old age among the JW ranks. Years pass, people get old and die; few are replacing them. When I left my congo 7 years ago, there were quite a few old people in their middle 70s, who are now in their early 80s. When they go, they're gone.

• superman
    superman

There was a hall that was merged a few years back in my area...And talks of another two consildating. I agree that the quality of elders is going way down. I'm a pretty far gone fader, but will go back on occasion to a meeting (mainly for family) and all the bright, smart, caring, intellegent, funny, charming ones I remember growing up with have been replaced by Cold, roboting and boring elders. It's funny because once an elder steps down it's almost like they retire or lose their identity, they usually end up sitting in the back during the meetings and don't do anything (no commenting, no mics, no talks, nothing). I went to a meeting recently after not having gone in about six months, and the speaker was so boring and the talk was so "dumb-downed", a monkey would think they were being taken for a moron.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit