Wow, They gave a special needs talk specially for me !

by aligot ripounsous 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

As I was taking a week off with my family, I was told, when back, that a talk had been given during the mid week meeting, in connection with special needs of the congregation. It was all about how not to associate with a so-called brother who gives too critical comments at the WT meeting about jehovah's organization and tries to lead astray the spiritually weak members of the congregation, and things alike. Of course, everybody understood that I was the target. It was a direct result of a recent sheperding call two elders gave me, which was rather tense and that I reported in an earlier post http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/politics/171477/1/Getting-on-with-it

Conclusion of the matter, the congregation was strongly requested to "mark" me (I thought that it was a personal decision but anyway). The positive side of it, apart from the fact that from now on I will consider myself as just accompanying my wife to the WE meeting, is that I was able to make the account of my friends on the very first sunday meeting I attended when back. I was told that a sister was so shocked by the sectarian ring of the talk that she stood up right in the middle of it and retreated in the back room, so as not to hear more. Quite a courageous move, indeed. So here I am, let's say 3/4 outed, was predictable.

• Kudra
    Kudra

are you really in France? (or is that just your "undercover" location?)

I can't imagine your situation being tolerated herre in the US... -I read your comment at the link you provided. Very interesting. Seems like nothing that would happen in many of our congregations herre in the US...

• undercover
    undercover

Sounds like they're frightened of you.

You've raised some interesting issues that they can't answer, so instead they'll shut you up. If they can't shut you up, they'll turn everyone against you.

Good luck on the next phase of your journey...it's likely to be pretty intense.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Yes Kudra, I'm a frenchman living in a large french city. As you can see, things have ended up on this side not very differently from what they would turn out in any other part of WT land, all the same.

Undercover, it is definitely an isolating enterprise to protect the flock.

• Cautious Dove
    Cautious Dove

a so-called brother who gives too critical comments at the WT meeting about jehovah's organization and tries to lead astray the spiritually weak members of the congregation

That would be more than enough to get you DF in most congregations. How did you get away with just being marked ?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Can you imagine something like this happening in a "mainstream" church? I cannot.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

How did you get away with just being marked ?

As I said in earlier posts, I always endeavoured to back my shootings with biblical texts, the spirit of which they couldn't deny. And I tell them that I'm not intent on proselytizing my opinions, which is totally untrue, of course. It worked out for a certain time, until they thought it was too much for them to countenance.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Congratulations - I suppose.

I loved your comment in the linked thread that you cannot Witness, otherwise you would be "a trumpet making an indistinct call", due to all the Watchtower changes. Very clever.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Around here and these days, making a single comment that is too far off The Track would get you labelled as "apostate", not just "marked". And it is getting worse--they need to have the witlesses functioning as mentally retarded people (even if they are not), or else the whole house of cards is coming down.

• rebel8
    rebel8

OT-You may be interested to read some of my posts about growing up as a Hemophiliac in the jw cult. Some of my fellow Hemophiliacs are dead because of tainted blood, but it saved far more of them from disability, excruciating pain, and death than it caused. Today there are thorough requirements to reduce [virtually eliminate] infection.

Remember the borg did not make up their rule because of bloodborne infections, and in fact they had written in print that Hemophiliac medications were permitted prior to the AIDS crisis coming to light. [Watchtower 06/15/1978 pp. 29, 30, 31]

Jehoho's law?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit