Wow, They gave a special needs talk specially for me !

by aligot ripounsous 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Rebel,

If your question is for me, I've no answer to it. It just seems to me (I've no statistics, just hearsay and reading articles about AIDS, hepatitis B, to cite 2 among the main infections) that, on the whole, transfusions have caused more damage than good, let aside the fact that it is a scandalous business, raw product being provided free (most of the time) or bought from poor people and being sold at very high price for the rich. How compelling would be my conviction if I were personally confronted to a problem like haemophilia, I just don't know. To me God's command about blood is like the Ten Words, Israelites knew what were the right things to do, still someone would steal if starving and Jehovah would understand circumstances. He for sure knows all the ins and outs of our actions and is the sole judge.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Since joining the board I have come to accept that the level of tolerance seems to be far lower in the USA than it is over here. I have had frank discussions with elders of a couple of congs, they never wanted to label me "Apostate", any more than we would have in my own day...

At least , not yet

• rebel8
    rebel8

op, I'm responding to a post of yours in the thread you linked to, sorry for the confusion.

it is a scandalous business, raw product being provided free (most of the time) or bought from poor people and being sold at very high price for the rich

That was true several decades ago.

There is no doubt that bloodborne infections are terrible. It's just not as widespread or ongoing as the borg might have you believe, and the bad things were ended, not because of God, but because of advocates speaking up for themselves. I am unable to agree that God's law served as a protection against death or disease. Bleeding to death is certainly not a better outcome than the risks of transfusion, in most people's view.

Anyways, I didn't mean to threadjack.

Bluesbro, I did silly non-sins, I got called to jcs. (Wearing black pantyhose, saying I wanted to move out of my mom's house, etc.)

I told the elders I got drunk at an overnight jw trip & everyone saw, no reproof. I turned in time less than pio hours for over a year I think, no counseling at all. I told them I am never stepping foot in a kh again, no discipline. I even still got talks assigned to me. IMHO, it was because I was now one of the few pioneers, the other having been removed in disgrace, and they didn't want the embarassment of having so few pios.

IOW, I think they dole out discipline as it suits their fancy at the moment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit