Notes from 2008-2009 Special Assembly Day,Rosenburg,Texas 28Feb

by av8orntexas 26 Replies latest jw friends

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Thank you all for the comments. From what I heard, it seems the GB realizes times are hard, but they are STILL insisting on people doing more. Everything I heard seemed to suggest they are trying to squeeze the brothers and sisters for EVERY bit of their time as they can.

As promised I will get the second half to you guys in soon. I don't have net access at home ( yeah I know, it's the 21 Century,lol ) and my mom just got in town today, and she is Borderline UBER witness. I keep dropping hints,but she either ignores them or is oblivious.

Oompa-Sorry !!!! I figured I pass along the latest drivel being pushed

Bonzo- My ass had long gone to sleep at that point. Looking at it now, I have NO IDEA, I did it in the past.

Purplesofa- I had to roll my eyes on that, and a few others.

no more kool aid- my mom is die-hard ( yet ) but she pushes it.

Hamsterbait- ROTHFL !!! Hustler ? True story. I once hid a Penthouse in my briefcase . And proceeded to forget it at the hall. Thankfully I actually had it LOCKED, which I never did. Sure enough my PO goes, "Oh yeah we found it,and tried to OPEN it,but it was locked. " The one time Jee-Hoba may have been watching out for me, LOL !

WTWizard- Oh man, the experiences given were too much. Poor actors...wait..thats an insult to REAL actors. Horribly put together. I think what really got me, was how the brothers ALWAYS finish with the...." Friends....aren't we glad we're true witnesses of Jehovah ? " or the " Isn't that a FINE example brothers ? " The whole gushing deal, even when I was sold on it, came off as sappy and corny to me.

Well everyone I will finish the second half off, there is one experience that I think given the time we live in, and I'm talking job and money wise was WAY over the top. I have to draw a line somewhere. Everyone have a good day and I'll be back tommorow.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

zzzZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Huh? Wha? Is the post over?

Sorry, I always fall asleep when I start hearing anything that sounds like a JW talk.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why doesn't anyone ever 'become apostate' during a convention experience!

I know why--because everything is programmed to sound authentic to those who are programmed to want such experiences. I have observed more jealousy among people about those experiences (that they want experiences like those), which does not lend itself to apostasy. Now, I have rarely, if ever, seen envy among the flock (they can't have these experiences, so they don't want anyone else to have them either).

This is probably the one time when envy would produce a good fruitage. If someone could manage to ruin these experiences for everyone else, then the innocent householder would benefit by not having to become a witless in the first place.

Now, more of those fake experiences--just wait until they start recording them on MP3 players hooked up to the sound system. It will look like the person is giving the experience, but it will be a complete fake. They could go on about "rescuing" a person who was once a witless from a "competing cult", or the world, preventing any of a number of "spiritual disasters" in the process, and the victim is "happier to be back". All to provide more fake evidence that the Washtowel Slaveholdery is the best place to be, and "the way of the cancer is the best way of living, no better way can there be found".

• sparky1
    sparky1

OH my God!!! Craig Smith the Circuit Overseer. If you knew him in his Bethel days you'd think that he would have been a MAJOR poster here.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Where, oh WHERE did Mary get her puking emoticon - I want one!

HB

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

Free Smiley Face

COPY AND PASTE

• Brainfloss
    Brainfloss

Free Smiley Face

COPY AND PASTE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest