Notes from 2008-2009 Special Assembly Day,Rosenburg,Texas 28Feb

by av8orntexas 26 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

i am sick now...why did i read this????.....why did you share it!!!...........oompa

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

"walked around, said hi to people i know, and loitered"..........sounds like me at my assembly, if you had added sleep in my seat and drool on my suit!

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

yes, i really did drool on my suit! like bill cosby said in his skit "the dentist", i had a line from chin to suit. no rainbow, tho'.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Thanks for posting this synopsis of the Assembly. It brought back a lot of memories. I appreciated the personal experiences and obviously scripted comments by the poor drones.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Brother Smith used the scriptures Acts 16:13 to show we can be creative as to where people are found.

Also used Acts 28:23, mentioning we can witness to the UPS,MAIL and FEDEX guys when they come to our home, follwed by this next demo.

A brothers TV is not working he calls a repair man. Guy comes in and pretends to be fixing TV. At this point the brother, goes:

"Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice you looking at those magazines" Yeah right. My mom leaves mags all over the place and NO ONE EVER came by tripping over them selves to look at them

The repair guy, says , "well I'm of Jewish faith,but yes I couldn't help but notice them. Are they bible publications ?" All these quotes I made sure they are their words. Who says this stuff ? and WHO WRITES IT IS WHAT I REALLY want to know.

There just has to be a SNL skit in that somewhere!

• Gregor
    Gregor

the repair guy says... "what are you?...a homo?"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, I don't think of field circus as a treasure. It is refuse, to use the word that Paul loves to use about worldly things (and the Washtowel loves to copy). It is a complete waste of time. I got absolutely zero value out of being out in field circus, and it did take my time.

Selling Jehovah's name for a quarter? I would never buy that worthless name for anything--for sure, not a quarter. I would rather put that quarter in a video game and play a game than buy Jehovah's worthless name with it. Besides, that has to be the crappiest experience I can imagine--generic. I have also given too much cash to worldly cashiers by mistake, and they always return it. I have ordered materials from various web sites that deal with materials that are condemned by the Washtowel, and they have always been honest (and that includes Crisis of Conscience, The God Virus--an atheist publication--and numerous Christmas decoration sites). All honest. Plus, as an apostate, I have had the cashiers hand me too much money by error. If I catch it, I report it to save their jobs and to help the store keep prices down. It is just the thing to do--especially if you value your job.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"I couldn't help noticing you were looking at those magazines."

"gee I'm always soo glad when you Guys find time to come and do stuff for me."

"This "Hustler " backs up with what I read in "Honcho"- " Fancy selling yourself for a quarter Big Boy??"

The imagination goes into JW Freefall...

HB

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Thank you for the post. I always appreciate knowing what I am going to be up against when my parents tell me about the assembly.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Why doesn't anyone ever 'become apostate' during a convention experience! Someone on here should still be spiritiual enough to get up there! Oh man I would DRIVE hell I would FLY to an assembly to see that go down!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit