I got invited to the KH for the Traveling Circuit Overseer's talk

by lavendar 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I agree 100% with Gary and Gregor.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Gary, very interesting stuff from a slightly different perspective than is often given here.

Thanks.

• carla
    carla

Don't you just love how jw's always ask you what they will not do themselves?! A jw would never go to a church to hear some special guest.

Not saying you shouldn't go, just saying....... personally I would rather shovel manure than step foot in a kh but that's just me.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: . . . personally I would rather shovel manure than step foot in a kh but that's just me
    I hear that! If I had my Witness relationships to do over I would make many more concessions than I did. My writing is from the standpoint of my own failures, rather then my successes. At this point, I wouldn't advise anybody to do what I did. I didn't have the advantage of being outside the group. I was seen by the group members as an incredible defective.

Now, if I go in a Kingdom Hall, I want a camera crew with me cause I gotta think we're gonna make the 10 o'clock news:-)

• Quandry
    Quandry

I also concur with Garybuss and Gregor (and his amusing analogy.)

Please just let your son know that you will always love him and be there for him.

My mother and father hated the witnesses. Oh, how my husband and I, and in the years ensuing, our daughter, felt sorry for them. We had to limit our association with them, of course, as we could not be around them at Christmas, or any other holidays. My mother let me know how upsetting this was for her. It was a real test for me as a Witness, but it made my husband (who by now was an elder) and I much stronger.

I worked full time as they were getting older, and of course since we felt it our spiritual duty to be present at meetings and regular in field service, it became hard to get to their house to care for them, and I must say that I felt a bit "put out" to be driving over seven hours to their house and then back.

My daughter became a teen. At sixteen, she did some foolish normal teen things. Five "spiritual shepherds" humiliated her, accused her of things she did not do, called her a liar when she would not admit to things (fornication), and told her God viewed her as filth. They df'd her.

Only then, after more than thirty years, did my husband and I realize that we'd given our time, our attention, our love, to a cold set of rules.

As we were appealing our daughter's dfing, my dad died. My mom began to mentally slip, so there was no use to tell her what chumps we'd been all those years.

If I could turn back the hands of time I would. I pray that something similar does not happen to your son. You and your husband may be "put on the back burner" the way I did my parents.

If you try to warn him, it may push him further away from you. Please, just look for opportunities to get together and don't waste your time and energies trying to "get him out." On the contrary, tell him how proud you are of him. In the years to come, if he gets baptised, he will have guilt heaped on him for not "doing more." Be the ones who tell him how wonderful he is.

I wish you the best.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Gregor said: We only get one set of G'parents, parents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, gandsons & grandaughters. To lose the companionship of any one of them, except through death, is a unbelievably high price to pay to throw your lot in with a cheesy cult/magazine sales company.

Gary and Gregor... both of you have laid down some poignant stuff here. Bravo.

Lavendar... if you are curious, go, but not for any other reason. It will not help you in your relationship with your son nor your quest to get him out.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Going to a boasting session is a great way to be hounded into going to all of them. They will not take "No" for an answer, they will try to get your address, and they will want a Washtowel study disguised as a Bible study. Then, if you do that, they will go through the Washtowel Teach book disguised and mislabeled "Bible Teach". You will be hounded to do what they tell you in that book, and pretty soon you are out in field circus.

So you say you will never be a Jehovah's Witless? The hypnosis they use at the boasting session could well change that. Be prepared to have the group hypnosis session--everything from the songs, the ushers, having two people on the platform, and the way the boasting sessions are presented is designed to do just that. Before you know it, you are going to start believing the lies that they are teaching. Only someone that has actually been through it before can see through it--many of them are forced to lie in order to keep access to family or to maintain their access to children to molest.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Going to a boasting session is a great way to be hounded into going to all of them. They will not take "No" for an answer, they will try to get your address, and they will want a Washtowel study disguised as a Bible study. Then, if you do that, they will go through the Washtowel Teach book disguised and mislabeled "Bible Teach". You will be hounded to do what they tell you in that book, and pretty soon you are out in field circus.

So you say you will never be a Jehovah's Witless? The hypnosis they use at the boasting session could well change that. Be prepared to have the group hypnosis session--everything from the songs, the ushers, having two people on the platform, and the way the boasting sessions are presented is designed to do just that. Before you know it, you are going to start believing the lies that they are teaching. Only someone that has actually been through it before can see through it--many of them are forced to lie in order to keep access to family or to maintain their access to children to molest.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit