Just finished reading I'm Perfect, Your Doomed

by cawshun 22 Replies latest jw friends

• cawshun
    cawshun

I was disappointed in this book, I kept reading it hoping it would get better. I guess I got spoiled by this forum. I have found better writings and stories here and a heck of a lot more humor. I get the drift of the book and how it screwed up her life but to me it was rather boring.

I honestly think if simon, farkel, or any of you on this forum could really put together a great book just on the humor and life stories right off this forum. Of course, if you use anybodies writings, you should split the profit. lol.

Just my opinion.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just ordered the book. I believed half the hype and that was enough. I hope it isn't as bad as all that.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Intended to add it to the reading list. Thanks for the reminder. Maybe you're too far "gone" to enjoy the book.

• parakeet
    parakeet

cawshun: " I honestly think if simon, farkel, or any of you on this forum could really put together a great book just on the humor and life stories right off this forum. "

I haven't read the book, but your review is enough for me to put it on the don't-think-I'll-bother list.

Do you hear that, Farkel? Even mediocre, boring books get published and read. Yours would be head and shoulders above the rest. I hope your frequent absenses from the forum mean you're working hard on it.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Just received and plan to read soon as I finish The God Delusion.

Isaac

• cawshun
    cawshun

This forum isn't costing any of us any money and I really feel there are a lot more interesting things to read here and the humor here far surpasses what I have read in this book.

She did add humor but nothing that made me laugh out loud, however, reading things on this forum had me cracking up several times.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Just read it myself

Bought it on pre-order for discount

It was O.K

Read it in a night

Would much rather read a book

by Farkle.........................

Better yet one by Leoleia

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Just bought my copy of IPYD right off the shelf at Books-a-Million.

Also bought "Stolen Innocence" about the FLDS.

Spotted a book about a religious reporter who lost his faith in God that caught my attention called "Losing My Religion".

• serendipity
    serendipity

This book was actually on display at a local Border's store (!). I skimmed it, found a few funny parts but was not motivated to buy it. I still like the cover though.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I'm reading it now. Its actually fairly funny. Of course that's just me. What I do like about it is it accurately captures JW living without just being a boring biography. Someone who was looking to find out how JW's are raised and think about things might find this book useful. I'm about a third through it.

Isaac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit