Has Leolaia moved to Oxford, England ?

by aligot ripounsous 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's just a game show...but sounds like a real disappointment for all involved.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Since the show spans between two academic years, wouldn't you think the network would have a simple rule against final year students competing?

How much did this guy actually contribute to the team?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sure it's a big deal! The University Challenge team made too much of a fuss about the contestant having graduated I mean. Trimble was robbed!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well the story is that he wanted to stay on to do a PhD but didn't get funding, so left in the summer to start working. But he didn't know he would be leaving when he the series started.

They say he got two starters for 10 in the final, but I reckon Oxford still would have won without him.

In other news it was reported that Gail Trimble's boyfriend proposed to her in Paris on Valentine's Day. But she doesn't seem to welcome the spotlight.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/4887275/University-Challenge-winner-Gail-Trimble-to-marry.html

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Hey, I read about this on PrisonPlanet! This is all a vast conspiracy. They are training Leolaia's doppelganger in Oxford to eventually replace her as part of some nefarious plot to take over the world!

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

How disappointing ! I mean, not that she lost the challenge but she posed for the Telegraph. I had idealised her and now, all that I'll remember are horsish dentures. Love at first sight is so volatile.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I had idealised her and now, all that I'll remember are horsish dentures.

Hope you are not confusing her with Wendy Richard on the same page.

Some debate over whether she merits a wikipedia page too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gail_Trimble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit