Maybe I should just bite the bullet and GO BACK ?

by AK - Jeff 59 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Did the thought ever cross your mind? Did you ever seriously consider it?

Yes and yes for me. I have done so very recently. I might someday - I am tired of having no friends, my life in the rearview mirror.

Jeff

• dinah
    dinah

Ak-Jeff, it would be healthier just to find new friends. If someone's friendship depends on your religious obedience to an organization, it's not a TRUE friendship anyway. A true friend sticks by you and doesn't use their friendship as a weapon to force compliance. You deserve better than that.

• Priest73
    Priest73

?

Is today opposite day?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Agreed. I did not say I would believe. Just pretend. There may be a bit of Promotor Fidei in me today.

Jeff

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I can understand someone thinking this if they had just recently left, but hang in there... you WILL develop a life after the borg... you WILL get new friends... you WILL come to the point where you couldn't even imagine going back.

I've been out for almost 7 years and the JW life is all but a distant memory for me.

• dinah
    dinah
    Is today opposite day?

Was wondering the same......where is this coming from?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Jeff! You, of all people.

JWs don't make very good friends, as you know. I left at 23, so it was easier to make new friends and start over. But I'd rather have no friends than insincere JWs.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I'd never return. Freinds or no freinds. I'm pretty content with me, myself and I.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"Bite the bullet".........I would rather shoot the bullet in my head then go back!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

As I watch world events, I sometimes wonder if the JW's have some part of it right. Parts of prophesy that have been explained (their own twist on it that is) do seem viable at times. Although I've been involved in Christian churches for a number of years now, I don't believe the fundamental view 100% either. Many of them are just as whacked as the JW's. But I do feel the need to worship and I guess I need people also. Today, I have more friends (christian and non-christian, actually more non-christian) who accept me unconditionally as I do them, than I ever had as a JW.

Personally, I don't think any one religion has it all right. Just look at how many belief changes (old light to new light to old life to.....you get my point) have happened with the WTBS. No, I don't think I could ever go back.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit