JW self-defense...WT says we are too slow to use a gun!!!.......

by oompa 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea We Is We Todd Did

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Actually telling an intruder that you are a Jehovahs Witness and you WILL be visiting his house every Saturday morning for the next 45 years if he doesnt leave now....may just work.

Unless of course he shoots you.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

"quicker on the draw"

Someone in the writing department must have loved to watch Gunsmoke.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Actually telling an intruder that you are a Jehovahs Witness and you WILL be visiting his house every Saturday morning for the next 45 years if he doesnt leave now....may just work.

LOL Wuz...that threat just might make the most hardened criminal run screaming for his life!!!

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

*** g91 7/8 p. 13 Self-Defense—How Far Can a Christian Go? ***‘That is all well and good for owning firearms,’ someone may say. ‘But what about learning the martial arts for self-defense, such as judo, karate, and kendo?’ Ask yourself, is not the object of this instruction to fight or hurt others? And is not such training really equivalent to arming oneself lethally?

LMAO - This reasoning is so messed up. I teach karate and the first thing we tell everyone including the adults is that karate is for self-defense only. Never start a fight and walk away if possible.

These guys are stuck in their ivory tower and know nothing of real life. They just research life and try to tell everyone how to live it.

• avishai
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

Avishai,

For some reason, I cannot see your last comment. Did it disappear?

-LWT

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hecklerboy, cool! ITA, ATA, which organization?

I was just promoted to ITA Blue Belt last month.

• VM44
    VM44

***g959/22pp.13-14ShouldILearnSelf-Defense?***

What about "safer" weapons, such as chemical sprays? Besides the fact that they are illegal in some places, these weapons have serious drawbacks. Instead of immobilizing a drug-crazed attacker, they may only succeed in infuriating him. It is even possible that the wind might blow the chemical into your face rather than the attacker’s—assuming you get the spray out in the first place...Weapons never help a situation. People put too much faith in them."

"It is even possible that the wind might blow the chemical into your face rather than the attacker’s"

Really?

This is an example of a Watchtower (in this case writing for the Awake) just making up something while typing away at his typewriter.

Weapons never help a situation.

Really? Never? In all cases? The writer knows this how?

Notice that this writer doesn't mention Jesus speaking in Luke 22.

36 Then he said to them: “But now let the one that has a purse take it up, likewise also a food pouch; and let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. 37 For I tell YOU that this which is written must be accomplished in me, namely, ‘And he was reckoned with lawless ones.’ For that which concerns me is having an accomplishment.” 38 Then they said: “Lord, look! here are two swords.” He said to them: “It is enough.”

Two swords! and they were at hand!

How would you answer that sitting at your typewriter Mr. Watchtower writer?

• pontoon
    pontoon

I can speak about Judo. Our motto was you can run with confidence. In other words, avoid a fight if possible but you know you can take care of business at hand if you have to. The first purpose of Judo is not to hurt someone else, it's to protect self. Judo can be used completely defensely. A well trained Judo man can so competely overwhelm an attacker its likly to be over in a few seconds with the attacker needing time to get his bearings and figure out what just happened and where he is. And I'm OUT of THERE! Even so, I have a permit, a pistol, and I know how to use that too. Great previous post about selling what you have to buy a sword. Damm highway men out there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit