JW self-defense...WT says we are too slow to use a gun!!!.......

by oompa 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avishai
    avishai

Not surprising. Many on this forum who are aghast @ all other JW arguments still subscribe to this one. The christian ethic has really screwed alot of us up. Me too, until I had kids. That changed that pacifist, give your life for even your enemy bullshit toute-suite for me.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The christian ethic has really screwed alot of us up.

Speak for yourself. It does not logically follow.

BTS

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Speak for yourself. It does not logically follow.
    BTS

A good example of what he was talking about.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    A good example of what he was talking about.

Break into my house sometime, and you'll learn something.

BTS

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Break into my house sometime, and you'll learn something.
    BTS

I'll be sure to be prepared when I come.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

The WT actually was rather generous in simply claliming we're too slow to use a gun... they just as easily could have said, "Your type has neither the cranial capacity nor the opposable digits to operate a firearm."

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Better be. ;-)

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

In any case,
    the attacker is likely to be quicker on the draw than the victim.

Hell, they sure are fast to pull a Reasoning book out when Harry Householder has an objection....

• avishai
    avishai

I was speaking for myself. Did'nt say all of us. Many xtians I know would do the smart thing and blow someone away rather than let them enter their house and fuck with their family. Let God sort 'em out, etc. I said "alot of us". And I was'nt screwed up as badly as many. My dad's the only elder I know who has kicked TWO asses at jw functions, while in a servant position. So, I had a different view. STILL to passive initially, though.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Yeah. Having kids changes the perspective. One thing is willing to die, letting your kids get harmed is something else.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit