JW self-defense...WT says we are too slow to use a gun!!!.......

by oompa 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

I agree avishai When you have kids it changes everything. Before I became a mother, I didn't want to be a mom. Because I remember the stories from the platform about women having to let their child die for the sake of Jah. I decided I didn't want to be a mom because I would have to kill the person trying to take my childs life before I let my child die. then I would be bloodguilty.

When I did become a mom. I said screw it. Don't hurt my kids or you will be a very sorry dead person.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Quicker on the draw? What are they expecting, a duel at 20 paces? What if the attacker only has a knife? What if the attacker isn't armed at all? What a bunch of frigging idiots. They're as enlightened on guns as they are on pretty much every other topic they write about.

• oompa
    oompa

So glad so many others have indignation at this STUPID teaching.....this article just so cracked me up!!!....there are so many flaws and facilies in it....i bet the GB guards have sword canes...not just canes.......i recently traded a glock 45 for a smith and wesson 357 magnum....it is just old school like my winchester 30-30 and it fits my hand much better than the Glock....(but thanks anyway for the Glock jk666....and this guy should be allowed back on here btw)...........oompa

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Ask yourself, is not the object of this instruction to fight or hurt others? And is not such training really equivalent to arming oneself lethally?

The answer would be no, and no.

"Letting everyone know I’m one of Jehovah’s Witnesses is my best protection,"

So no one ever got beat up for that.

How you dress is also important. "I’m careful not to wear things that attract attention," says one youth.

Must not be in any of the local congregations. I can spot a flock of Dubs working a street in part by their clothing which attracts attention.

If violence seems imminent, walk away—better yet, run away!

Actually good advice. But nonsensical to tell someone they are a slower draw than an opponent in a gunfight but that they can turn around and outrun a bullet. It is sad that the writer has such low regard for the reader that they would mock them with the absurdity of this swill.

• Farkel
    Farkel

One of the inconvenient facts the idiot WT leaders left out is that in the USA alone, over a million crimes a year are stopped because of citizens being armed and defending themselves. Besides that, just the fact that citizens own guns, even if they never have to use them, prevents huge numbers of criminals from doing night home invasions, robberies, road rage and muggings. That is a fact.

The WTS promises a "resurrection" if a dub is killed while defenseless. I promise "paradise" awaiting for an invader who tries to commit an armed crime on me. I'll worry about "resurrection" later, because I will have a "later", unlike the dub who won't.

Farkel

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Though I am legally entitled to carry a gun 24/7, I am not a "gun freak". With that being said, self-protection is an innate right and IF (and that is a big IF) a person is proficient in handling a weapon and chooses to keep one, then they should not be ostracized for that. The problem that I have seen as a police officer is with people who have weapons that they are not familiar with or trained in handling, and then the presence of that weapon can work against them. It is a fine line that is an emotional battleground for both sides of the issue. Unless someone has had to use a weapon against another person, they can't truly understand the complexity it adds to your life. Nonetheless, if it comes to protecting your life or that of your family, the option should not be denied you.

• Mandette
    Mandette

This is hilarious!! My father(the elder) talks about how if someone broke into his house that he'd beat them to death!!! I guess his daughter inherited that violent attitude. Only I have a gun with a full magazine and one in the chamber!!!!!!

And it's always been my experience that diplomacy or telling your religion to the meth head, crack head, drunk, pill popping, coming off a high and desperate for another piece of SH*T works well!!!!!(SARCASTIC)

BLECH!!!

M

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

That article is a complete crock of bovine excrement full of nothing but attempts to discourage everyone from taking proactive responsibility for the immediate safety of themselves and those around them.

Owning a firearm for self-defense means you accept the responsibility to know how to properly use that deadly force. Same with martial arts. The WTS is framing the article in such a way that one is to assume that anyone who buys a gun or learns martial arts never learns any judgement in how to properly use the force at their disposal.

I carry a pistol every day. I also practice and train with that pistol religiously. Same with the AR-15 I own (and will do so with the select-fire M4 I'm considering). Carrying a firearm is a huge responsibility. One must know by heart the laws regarding not only where it can be legally carried (everywhere for me, I'm active duty military) but also under what circumstances it may be drawn and fired.

Martial arts is a non-lethal self defense and the WTS' ban on them is ludicrous. First and foremost, martial arts is about control. The necessary amount of force to subdue and/or incapacitate an attacker, not kill, so that you can escape the situation. Yes, the techniques can be lethal. Which is why we are taught control first and foremost so that we are able in a real life situation to use only as much force in a strike as necessary.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Our British friends may need baseball bats this summer...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/feb/23/police-civil-unrest-recession

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

The last firearm incident I investigated involved an AD (accidental discharge) where the individual shot themselves while attempting to clean an "empty" weapon. It reinforces my point (and Bendrr's) that carrying a firearm is a huge responsibility. Part of that requires that you know and are proficient with use and maintenance of the weapon. With all due respect to all opinions on here, unless you have been involved in a deadly force situation it is difficult to say what you would or wouldn't do. Bottom line, be careful what you wish for...you might get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit