Why is America such an unequal society?

by hamilcarr 78 Replies latest social current

• snowbird
    snowbird

John 13:19 Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than hismaster, nor is one whois sentgreater than the one who sent him.

What's so offensive about those words?

Yes, I know there will always be those who will not be invited to the table of bounty. This is a sad reality of life; the Lord was most keenly aware of this fact, He Himself being among the uninvited.

You called me the n-word - with a lowercase n! - so save that righteous indignation for another thread.

Toubob or toubab was my late mother's preferred word for White people. I think she would have liked you.

LOL.

Sylvia

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sorry, I should have capitalized Kneegrow :P~

Toubob or toubab was my late mother's preferred word for White people. I think she would have liked you.

It's a nice ancient word, I'd just never heard of it before. I'm having a T-shirt made. It is fascinating to imagine that your mother may have gotten the word thru direct decent, ie: handed down from slaves directly from Africa. Do you know if she got the word from her ancestors? Seems likely if she used it pre "Roots".

• Warlock
    Warlock

Insofar as 'all men being created equal', this is a nice dream, thought, or fantasy
    So the ideas behind your constitution are just a few loose words, a dream, no reality?

All men being created equal is not reality, and it never will be. I have not studied the Constitution since high school, and I'm not going to get into that, however, any document, like the Constitution, must be acted upon, otherwise, it will remain 'just a document'. Warlock

• snowbird
    snowbird

Do you know if she got the word from her ancestors? Seems likely if she used it pre "Roots".

She got the term from "Roots." When she heard it, however, she laughed and laughed as if she was being reunited with the word!

I don't know anything of my mother's people save the fact that they're all very, very dark, so the bloodline from Africa must have not been compromised.

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Burn, you so bad - and sexist.

Ummm. I guess that the riddle is easily misinterpreted. My fault.

What I mean is that if you do not have a body, are not a natural person, you should not have the influence that corporations have. A body, that is the property I was referring to. Nothing sexist implied. :0)

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

the riddle is easily misinterpreted.

I notice you haven't elaborated on your riddle.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I never took a thing from the government.

Then you are stupid, because the government is taking from you. Play it like a harp from hell, the more we milk it the sooner it will collapse.

I notice you haven't elaborated on your riddle.

Ummm, then either something got lost in translation or you don't read past the first line of a post.

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird
    If the democratic process was limited to players owning this kind of property, then the system might improve. Before you lambaste me for being elitist, I am proposing a riddle. :-)
    What I mean is that if you do not have a body, are not a natural person, you should not have the influence that corporations have. A body, that is the property I was referring to. Nothing sexist implied. :0)

My bad, then.

I thought you were referring to a certain, ah, part of the male body.

Again, my bad.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Again, my bad.

Nah. Looking at it, it is sooo easy to see it that way.

By the way, on the Constitution thing, it is a great, great document, that men have failed to live up to. Our government currently is in gross violation of the contract. Several past violations have been amended however, so I have hope. Incidentally Israel received a document when they were founded as a nation too in front of Mt. Sinai. They had a hard time living up to it. It isn't the document's fault.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit