Why is America such an unequal society?

by hamilcarr 78 Replies latest social current

• Warlock
    Warlock

I work with people from: Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatamala, Peru, Chile, Brazil, Russia, Armenia, Croatia and Iran (maybe I missed a few countries).

They do not see America as an unequal society. They see it as a land of opportunity.

Warlock

• beksbks
    beksbks
    If the democratic process was limited to players owning this kind of property, then the system might improve. Before you lambaste me for being elitist, I am proposing a riddle. :-)

Intellectual

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatamala, Peru, Chile, Brazil, Russia, Armenia, Croatia and Iran

Did these countries base thier future on words such as these? "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal"

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

..following beks statement I would ask - are they all legal US residents?

I only ask because for many illegals this is the land of opportunity indeed - that's why they left their country to sneak in here. There is opportunity to work for cash, send money back home and buy a plot of land to return to in your home country. They can have their babies and receive food stamps and government assistance for housing without problems. They have 'safe' cities where no matter how illegal they are, nobody can touch them. They work for cash so there is no income trace so it doesn't affect assistance payments.

For a legal US resident, the opportunity to get a job and retain that job becomes severely reduced when they are forced to compete with illegals willing to work for half the cost - the legal resident can't compete because he isn't entitled to food stamps or welfare and usually has been taught that you should pay your own health care costs. Many legal residents have gone to college, got a degree and then watched as that good paying job has been transferred overseas where there is not workers comp to pay, no vacation time, no taxes, no health insurance for the employee.

It depends on which side of the fence you've been sitting and what you've seen. sammieswife.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Yes, they are all legal.

To be in this particular area of the economy, there are certain guildlines set by the U.S. governement, including certain "checks" one must go thru.

Insofar as 'all men being created equal', this is a nice dream, thought, or fantasy, but it is not true. Some are 'created more equal than others'.

Warlock

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Insofar as 'all men being created equal', this is a nice dream, thought, or fantasy

So the ideas behind your constitution are just a few loose words, a dream, no reality?

• snowbird
    snowbird

It is better to trust in YHWH than to take refuge in princes.

Do not put your trust in princes in whom there is no salvation.

I don't have a Bible at hand, so the above is but an approximation of those Scriptures Burn mentioned.

I agree totally.

Six, Jesus of Nazareth is a Realist, no?

I can't believe how civil this discussion is.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Burn, you so bad - and sexist.

Sylvia

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Six, Jesus of Nazareth is a Realist, no?

Hell, I'm not even sure he was real, no less a realist. But aside from that, do you think it's realism to believe that "the poor will always be with us"? If so, how strong is the motivation to try to change that? And some societies have virtually eliminated "the poor" as compared to what it meant to be "the poor" 2k years ago.

Also, is it just a harsh reality that "a slave is not greater than his master"? I find it a rank thought. Poor choice of words, Mr. God.

I can't believe how civil this discussion is.

You called me a Toubob!

(I kinda liked it) :white :

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Equal Opportunity

NOT Equal Results

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit