The Reason Why Jehovah's Witnesses Have No Real Hope

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Ri
    Ri

How can one make a new topic? I cannot figure out how to use this new web site.

I don't know if any of you were affected by the plane crash but heard on the news that a whole family of JWs was on that plane 3407 I think is the number.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,492324,00.html

• oompa
    oompa

my folks are both retired now....and really bright, smart people.......dad is an elder and such a kind and spiritual man....he agrees they have screwed up a bunch (and he believes they are wrong about many things now...but they are not dealbreakers for him) but just "puts his trust in jehovah" and never ever mentions any worry about growing old or dying when i tell him how pissed off i am at missing out on college, growing old, and not having started saving for retirement soon enough............he feels he/they life a good moral life, he has good friends, he has hope of a resurrection and paradise.......so he is fine with that......................oompa

i think i just talked myself into getting re-baptised..........

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, there is always the resurrection "hope". But, for those who realize that they can put about as much faith in that as they did about Armageddon coming "real soon", they are going to die realizing that they have accomplished nothing worthwhile. And to me, that is what real hell is.

• minimus
    minimus

Password, that was excellent. No JW can enjoy their life IF they dare think about it!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Excellent Post Passwordprotected!

Dismembered

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The JW's have no real hope, because no one has a real hope.

Its all smoke and mirrors.

Put shxt in one hand and faith/hope in the other.

And see which one fills up faster.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

What password protected said. Spot on the money.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I was thinking about how my jw siss's hope compares to mine. I think i have more that she does. I don't believe in her gods or other gods, but i'm quite sure of the continuation of something persoanl after death. In my belief, our spirit/soul is not at the mercy of some higher being, iether. While we are far from alone , in the afterlife, we are still selfreliant, kinda like on this planet. Then too, my belief doesn'nt impinge in any way on my freedom to do what i want.

S

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Passwordprotected:

Great, great post!

I am older than you and a lot of the JWs that I know are older than the ones that you know. But I have cousins that have not planned for retirement that are in their 50's and 60's. They continue to work at their low-paying jobs with no hope of being able to retire because they have not saved a penny for retirement because they thought "the old system" would be gone.

I have one cousin in her mid 50's who has quit work due to depression. She has lost her home. She lives in a low-income federally subsidized apartment. She has spent all of her 401K. She has nothing but food stamps.

These relatives didn't lack any "faith" but they lacked common sense.

I do have an uncle by marriage that only became a JW when he married my aunt about 15 years ago. He doesn't have decades of brainwashin under his belt. He does talk about dying and what he wants his wife to do if he dies first. He has made plans for this occurence. I guess some would accuse him of not having enough "faith".

I have an aunt that I have visited several times recently. She is 85 and has spent her last 55+ years as a JW. I have found it very interesting that she does not talk about any of that stuff anymore. She hasn't mentioned Armageddon, or resurrection or Watchtower articles or anything. She talks mainly about people in her past that were not JWs. I think she has known for a long time that is is all a big lie. She has just stayed in out of "habit" and she had so much of her life invested in it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    "i think i just talked myself into getting re-baptised"..........

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit