The Reason Why Jehovah's Witnesses Have No Real Hope

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The majority of Witnesses were taught that the end was just around the corner, that millions now living will never die. They believed that this generation would by no means pass away until all things were fulfilled within their lifetime.

Jehovah's Witnesses were suckered! They bought into everlasting life and never dying. But they DO see the reality. Everyone is getting older, sicker and eventually dying. The result?? They have no real hope. They have nowhere else to go. They have no real friends. They are isolated. Many are miserable and stuck in a lifestyle with no promise. And if they try to better themselves, they are cast as materialistic and worldly. And if they simply want to get out with no strings attached, they are trapped because once you become a Witness, it's like being in the Mafia----there's only one way to get out----death.

What a hopeless life!

• minimus
    minimus

SORRY 4 THE DOUBLE THREAD.

• oompa
    oompa

mini...how many do you really stop and think they have no hope now?....most think "the generation" is going the see the end soon.........mindless people trained to never think for themselvs never think for themselves.......at least the vast majority................oompa

• minimus
    minimus

They don't believe in the generation doctrine any longer.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..I`ve got to agree with Oompa..Every JW I know,thinks the end is just around the corner........They continually re-enforce that nonsense amongst themselves..........Do JW`s have any hope?..No..But they don`t know that..LOL!!......................................................OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..Some JW`s have no idea about the Generation Change.........It`s mind boggling..JW`s have no idea about what they are supposed to believe,or no longer believe.....Just get your ass to the meetings and get out in the FS..But..Don`t think!!..LOL!!.......................................OUTLAW

• booby
    booby

If in their heart of heart's they know it's bullshit, they have no real hope. But they still hang in because although there are other "options" they have been told "where else can you go". So all they have is a psuedo hope, not a real hope.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm talking about their heart of hearts. Even my devout mom has issues that she doesn't like talking about. She can't deal with the truth. She's 82 but she knows she's going to die. They all see death around them. In the 70s and 80s, Witnesses kept believing THEY wouldn't die. Now they KNOW it's all BS.

• garybuss
    garybuss

To realize their religion is based on a pyramid of premises that are fallacies would require rational, objective thinking and rational, objective thinking is not an ability or activity I can identify with when I think of believing Jehovah's Witness people I know personally.

I'm not saying believing Witnesses are stupid, but I have had the thought that Wallkill, Patterson, and Brooklyn communes might be depriving more than a few villages of their idiots.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"I'm talking about their heart of hearts."................They realise they may die and will be resurrected.....Even if you die,you live!........I went to a Dub funeral..There were pleny of dubs..None of them were concerned about death..It was a none issue.................................................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit