The Reason Why Jehovah's Witnesses Have No Real Hope

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Im glad most agree that JWs typically, have no real hope.

Once they allow themselves to think of their finances, their time and their lost opportunities, they become depressed.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Catholics believe that if you're good your soul (spirit) will go to heaven.

Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the soul is the living, breathing human body. Reference is made to the "soul that is sinning, it itself will die," therefore when someone dies he goes no where, for "the dead are conscious of nothing."

Jehoavh's witnesses believe in a future earthly resurrection, but what exactly is being resurrected? The body or the soul?

It is believed that this resurrected person is a new creation, but being new it would not have a previous memory of the deceased because the deceased soul had already died.

Therefore, if Jehovah can resurrect persons with their memory intact can it actually be said that the soul dies?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I was told that I would never finish school, go to college or get married because the end was near. This was in the early 90s.

Now 2014 is no longer a far off date in the future - it is literally round the corner.

Jesus supposedly has been ruling as king since 1914 so we are almost 10% into his Millenial Reign and I do not see the promises of "your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

• minimus
    minimus

Christ is still in the planning stage. That's all.

• Chalam
    Chalam

"Jesus supposedly has been ruling as king since 1914 so we are almost 10% into his Millenial Reign and I do not see the promises of "your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.""

That's because it is all a WT lie.

Matthew 24:27 (New International Version)

27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Luke 17:24 (English Standard Version)

24 For as the lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of Man be in his day.

Acts 1:9-11 (English Standard Version)

9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, 11 and said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven."

All the best,

Stephen

• minimus
    minimus

He's as slow as lightnin'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit