1914 coverup has begun

by hamsterbait 42 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I spoke to an elderly sister, 94, who is deteriorating rapidly. She honestly believed she would NEVER die.

Obviously she is desperate to deny to herself that the cult she allowed to steal her one and only life a second at a time is still TRUE.

"The Generation Change is just like 1975 - we were sifted. We were being tested as to who was serving Jehovah for a date and those with unbreakable trust in the organisation he has appointed."

People leaving now were not lovers of God.

My own Mother ( who started stockpiling tined food and packet soups in 1974) now says "they never said ANYTHING about 1975."

1975, 1914 are well on the way to being forgotten just like 1873, 1799, 1874, 1881 and 1915.

What is alarming is that nobody asks is this all happening because THE BORGANISATION IS WRONG - it is always "imperfect men make mistakes - even when guided and appointed by holy spirit.

They still want to stay. not walk away.

WHY??

HB

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The standard: They are God's chosen organization, guided by His Holy Spirit and
    the information is always right. Well, unless it WAS wrong, then imperfect men who
    are not inspired were eager to see Jehovah's vindication- but they are RIGHT NOW.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    My own Mother ( who started stockpiling tined food and packet soups in 1974) now says "they never said ANYTHING about 1975."

My parents often told me about 1975 that they knew it couldn't be true. Unfortunately they never shared this divine understanding.

• yesidid
    yesidid

They have soooo much invested in it.

It has been their whole life. To repudiate the organization is to admit their whole life was built around a mirage.

Too painful.

Far, far too painful.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"They still want to stay. not walk away..Why?"................At 94..I doubt many are looking to start a new life......Accept what the WBT$ say`s..Or.. They will ruin what ever little time you have left..

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• sspo
    sspo

Very few old timers walk away from the organization. My ex father in law, who's 75, elder for 50 years,

knows very well about the watchtower lies and false prophecies but he will never leave....why?

Too many family member and friends are still in the " truth" and what would he do all alone if he decided to leave.

For many, especially older one it's a social club.

• yknot
    yknot

Well I had a sister tell me just a few months ago that Franz was correct about 1975 being the end of the 6000 years of man.....

She didn't enlighten me any further and I was too gobsmacked to say anything other then I didn't agree. For her and those like her I think they will be more receptive to the date switching the sitting down from 1914 (nee 1878) to 1975 .... (which then can be moved to 1995). Heck the WTS could come up with some other pseudo 'significant' reason to make 1975 relevent.

We have many older JWs in their 80s-90s too, so far all I can bring myself to do is to redirected their talk about the 'organization' (wow didn't we all so readily comply with the WTS request not to call it a SOCIETY anymore!) to Jesus and talk about scripture passages over that of WT litertrash.

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

Everything they say flies in the face of reason...they can't ever be held accountable for anything, because even if they're wrong, they're right. Fundamentally it doesn't matter if they're wrong or right, because loyalty is the only thing that matters. God doesn't seem think that loyalty need depend on reason. In fact, blind loyalty seems to be most highly prized by him. Witnesses are taught to continually pick apart everything the world does to remind themselves constantly of how in error it is, but they are to suspend any judgement when it comes to the organization. Even if they see things that seem to be wrong, they're warned against drawing any conclusions about what they see, in fact they're conditioned to ignore their own sense of reason and just trust that it's all too great and wonderful for them to understand. It's a mind trap that some people either can't or don't want to get out of.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The biggest cover-up of 1914 was the establishment of the Federal Reserve.

82.1 Administrative History

Established: As an independent agency by the Federal Reserve Act (38 Stat. 251), December 23, 1913.

The greatest deceptions of religion, commerce, and politics for our century were sealed by handshakes and winks.

• musky
    musky

Hamsterbait said ,

"The Generation Change is just like 1975 - we were sifted. We were being tested as to who was serving Jehovah for a date and those with unbreakable trust in the organisation he has appointed"

So, the Watchtower intentionally stated untrue things in their literature to see if we would remain loyal? You know that's a hard one to swallow when we are talking about prophecy.

Deuteronomy 18:21-22 says: You may say to yourselves,"how can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord? If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true,that is a message the Lord has not spoken.That prophet has spoken presumptuously.Do not be afraid of him.

"unbreakable trust" = always be faithful to the organization without question. How is it possible to reason with someone of such a mindset?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit