are u pioneering this month? If so, how cute

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

Thanks for the post Hamsterbait

Another way to describe those JW's suffering from 'cognitive dissonance'

is

LIARS.

Somehow 'cognitive dissonance' sounds a nicer way to describe that 95 year old 'sister' or even your own mother.

Who wants to describe their parents as liars? My mother would be appalled.

However, if the written evidence written by the WT Society was presented to that 95 year old showing the predictions about 1975 , 1914, the genaration, pyramids etc etc etc, and she still denied it, then I would have to call her nothing but a liar.

Sometimes I think JW's have to be shocked into seeing the reality of the WT organization.

In a conversation with a brother about our mutual beliefs since I left the 'Truth', I told him I thought he was brainwashed. Just like I had been brainwashed. It was said in a calm non agggressive manner and he took it rather well. Eventually I am convinced he will leave too.

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

reniia

Yes, I think that Jws do come in for a hammering when it comes to predicting the end of the system .

But aren’t they their worst own enemy, they have been predicting this for the last 100years.

They deserve what they get regarding false prophets because they threw their hat into the arena all those years ago and have not letup at all.

By their deliverance, their forceful and judgmental attitude on the doors, they have invited this criticism.

Not once in my 30 years with them did I hear an apology for getting things so wrong,

They would blame it on the rank and file for looking too far ahead of the society or reading into things that were not there, NOT TAKING ANY BLAME THEMSELVES.

At least some of the main stream Christian Org. have done just that apologised.

KT

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

reniaa,

Demonstrating that another religion has made similar mistakes to your own does not make your choice of religion any better.

Cheers

Chris

• reniaa
    reniaa

No it just means anticipating the end is something all christian faiths do and we wouldn't join any if we held this against them.

in 2 thessalonians they got counciled not to anticipate jesus coming and were not condemned, the condemnation in the bible always comes with people slipping into wicked ways because of not believing in God words and believing in the lie.

2 thes 2: 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    oops no we are not talking mainstream christianity and it's wrong dates but Jw's, sorry

U R EXactly right. Mainstream xianity is stoopid too.

• poppers
    poppers
    They still want to stay. not walk away.
    WHY??

Why do they stay? Because they identify with the teachings of WTS. To walk away from it would be to deny "who they are". Any belief that is identified with becomes part of the fabric of one's sense of self, so the thought of not having that belief creates fear.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

in 2 thessalonians they got counciled not to anticipate jesus coming and were not condemned, the condemnation in the bible always comes with people slipping into wicked ways because of not believing in God words and believing in the lie.

well, then the WT should be counseled, because almost every meeting is about the anticipation of this event.

when I was young in the late 70's I was told that the end was still near, because 1975 was the 6000th anniversary of adam, but we don't know how many years later eve sinned.... so the countdown was still happening.

• sir82
    sir82
    oops no we are not talking mainstream christianity and it's wrong dates but Jw's, sorry guys I forgot we are only allowed to look at Jws and forget most christianity has commited same mistakes but we've forgotten, forgiven or just don't want to point the same scarpel we use on JWs at our own christian faiths unless the imperfection of men is actually a valid point.

Fascinating.

1) So you openly admit that the Society has predicted "wrong dates". That' progress!

2) Your defense seems to be, "other Christians have made mistakes on dates also; therefore, JWs are excused". Most interesting. If I commit murder, will I be released if I plead "yeah, sure, I offed the dude, but there were 10 other murders that day...so see, I'm not that bad. Let me go."

JWs claim has all along been, "we're better than all those other false Christian religions". Your argument runs counter to that - you are saying they are no better than other Christian religions, at least with regards to false prophecy.

So, if JWs make mistakes, and other Christian churches make mistakes, why is it so vitally importat to be a JW? If everybody is wrong anyway, and everybody should get a pass on false prophecy, why not choose to become a Catholic? At least the schools are better.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

oops no we are not talking mainstream christianity and it's wrong dates but Jw's, sorry guys I forgot we are only allowed to look at Jws and forget most christianity has commited same mistakes but we've forgotten, forgiven or just don't want to point the same scarpel we use on JWs at our own christian faiths unless the imperfection of men is actually a valid point.

Reniaa, why are we comparing Jehovah's channel of communication to the mistakes of Satan's system of things? If the WT is what it claims to be it should stand out as a shining jewel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit