I am sooo ashamed!

by moman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• moman
    moman

I am so ASHAMED to admit that I waz called a Jehovahs Witnesses, that sometimes I want to move & change my name!
    How many of you feel the same, or do you share the camp of those who say, "everything happens for a purpose"?
    Even though I have been out for about 3 yrs., I still can't believe I waz that STUPID! Tuff for me to believe, but funny az hell too!

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Yeah,

But also for me:
    a) I can help others see the BS
    b) I quit tobacco, something I had tried several times & failed

I bet you have at least one positive thing you can take from your experience too.

Religion n.
    An organisation designed to promote atheism.

• more2C
    more2C

Don't be too hard on yourself, Moman. We have all made mistakes in our life at some point. We learn from our mistakes, and continue to go on, from there. Maybe that's your way of coping from your experience from the truth. We have all gone through different stages to cope. It only gets better with time. Be patient!

more2C

• joelbear
    joelbear

Moman,

Nothing to be ashamed of. And it was not because we were stupid that we were Jehovah's Witnesses.

It was part of our path. For some, it was thrust on us as children. For others, it was something we needed for a time during our lives.

If it weren't for the psychological abuse of shunning, endtime threats and other control tactics, we probably wouldn't look back on our years as witnesses so bitterly.

Joel

• Xena
    Xena

Hey Mr. Ben...interesting you bring up the point about how being a JW helped you quit smoking. My 6 year old daughter and I were discussing smoking yesterday and how bad it is for you...I related to her that both her grandparents used to smoke but that they gave it up...she wanted to know why and I explained to her that when they became JW's they were required to quit...we then reflected on the fact that some good came out of the JW experience for them...and that some good can come out of ANY experience..it just depends on how you view it and what you personally take from it.

So while I would never recommend joining the JW's to quit smoking it is nice to know that something good came out of the experience.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Oh sweet Jesus! I love your new picture Xena. Have you uploaded anymore?

I love blondes...

Slipnslidemaster:"The average person thinks he isn't."
    - Father Larry Lorenzoni

• Joseph Joachim
    Joseph Joachim

do you share the camp of those who say, "everything happens for a purpose"?

I have mixed feelings about it. Sometimes I wish I'd had a more normal childhood (I was "born in the truth"). But on the other hand, having been in a cult and having left, taught me to think more skeptically and to be more rigorous in my thoughts, specially about religion.
    Now, those who leave the WT but go on as braindead as before, joining fundamentalist protestant churches, ... well, I think they get what they deserve.

• Englishman
    Englishman

You dog!

Bring on the dancing girls!

• Xena
    Xena

thank you slipnslide....

• LB
    LB

*catches breath after seeing Xena's pic*

Moman I can relate. I feel more stupid than ashamed though. I'm also out for 3 years now and only recently has the anger stopped. They don't come around anymore and I'm grateful. My wife has been out for 2 years and she's still angry.

As far as good that came out of it I don't see any. My son is still stuck in and married to a JW bitch. Only prayer I have is that he wakes up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit