So Far, How Do You Think President Obama's Doing?

by minimus 167 Replies latest jw friends

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

The reign of non-regulated free market mechanisms has created huge income differences and social inequality. The pendulum has swung too far in the other direction. A new balance is needed. No need to throw the child out with the bath water though. I don't think that's Krugman's view either.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The reign of non-regulated free market mechanisms has created huge income differences and social inequality.

Markets have been historically regulated less than they have been in recent decades. They in themselves are not responsible for income inequality insofar as these things go. What we are seeing is the result of monetary inflation and irresponsibility and mandates to business that are unsound. The credit booms and busts that are created affect marginal players most, while those with some reserves get to benefit from the momentum. Look at economic history, finance/credit led economic growth leads to greater income inequality.

BTS

• StAnn
    StAnn

Obama wants to bankroll the United Nations Population Fund and has already overturned the abortion restrictions on the Mexico City Policy.

I don't quite understand why Obama hates children so much. Maybe because his father abandoned him and then his mother dumped him on his grandparents, he thinks that only rich people with intact marriages should have children. But he is definitely pursuing a policy of genocide.

And now he's created a massive spending bill with tons of pork in it and is using fear tactics to get the populace behind him.

He's performing exactly as I expected him to perform: very poorly.

I wish I could hibernate until 2012.

StAnn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

StAnn, remember his vote on BAIPA?

Crazy evil! What is wrong with that man?

BTS

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Burn, I was reacting to the review you posted.

Consider high trade barriers, farm price supports and production limits, price and entry regulations in transportation and energy, interest rate caps and branching restrictions, national-origin immigration quotas—does Paul Krugman really wish to defend such things?
    I don't believe that Krugman defends these heavy regulations.
  • hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

I don't quite understand why Obama hates children so much.

No need to understand something when it's untrue. Explain this.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Wednesday signed a law expanding a health program to include 3.5 million uninsured children, advancing an overhaul of the U.S. healthcare system despite the embarrassing withdrawal of his nominee to lead the initiative.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE5135JJ20090204?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

Maybe you only cherry-pick what supports your preconceived assessment?

• beksbks
  • beksbks
    beksbks

So St Ann, can you point out the "tons of pork" that you see in the bill?

Here is the definition of Genocide, I think you may not be aware of the meaning.

geno·cide
    Pronunciation:
    \ ' je-n?- ? sid\
    Function:
    noun
    Date:
    : the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group — geno·cid·al \ ? je-n?- ' si-d ? l\ adjective

Just some quick Wiki info on the United Nations Population Fund

Some of the UNFPA work involves the lead in providing supplies and services to protect reproductive health. They also encourage the participation of young people and women to help rebuild their societies who are affected by poor reproductive health which expands out into areas such as prevention of sexually transmitted diseases including HIV/Aids.
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

There is a wide variance of definition for genocide among scholars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_definitions

I have yet to see anyone justify Obama's vote on BAIPA.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Genocide:

Margaret Sanger the founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist who supported the same kind of eugenics ideology as the Nazi Party. Sometimes when one makes such a charge, it's best to let the accused speak for herself...

On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
    "...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people.

On sterilization & racial purification:
    Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

On the purpose of birth control:
    The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

On the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities:
    "More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12

On the extermination of blacks:
    "We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

On respecting the rights of the mentally ill:
    In her "Plan for Peace," Sanger outlined her strategy for eradication of those she deemed "feebleminded." Among the steps included in her evil scheme were immigration restrictions; compulsory sterilization; segregation to a lifetime of farm work; etc. Birth Control Review, April 1932, p. 107

On abortion in general:
    "The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it." Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race (Eugenics Publ. Co., 1920, 1923)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit