Lady Lee's story

by Lady Lee 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xena
    Xena

Hi Lady Lee...

Enjoyed chatted with you for a few last night

Sorry to hear you have had so much sorrow in your life but very glad to hear how you have overcome it and are moving forward with your life in such a positive way!!!

Looking forward to chatting with you more in the future!

• COMF
    COMF

Welcome, Lady Lee. Your presentation is with style, dignity and finesse. I love reading such well-composed prose! I'm looking forward to more posts by you, and your interaction with our group.

COMF

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Hi there Lady...thanks for sharing your story. It is amazing what people can survive. You seem to be an amazing person...I look foward to seeing you around...

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks everyone for the welcome and your comments. Nice to know I am not alone but sad too that so many of you relate so well to my story. I found the isolation after leaving really difficult. I was forbidden from talking to active JWs but also felt under the rule still to shun other DFed ones - real catch 22. Not true anymore though - I talk to anyone - including the active ones who want to listen

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

Hey yer a survivor. Congrats.
    Far to many give up. Far to many give in.
    As I live on a boat, I know it is sink or swim.
    Nice to know you found depth from with in.

,,,, god I hate it when I wax poetic. *chuckles*

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well Elijah I usually get appeciative or encouraged - first time I have had poetic - thanks for the chuckle and the welcome

• Julie
    Julie

Commendable Lady Lee,

It's gals like you that can give others the courage and encouragement to overcome obstacles. You are to be applauded for your accomplishments. I can relate to some of your experience and I will admit, it ain't easy sister!

Glad you made it. I think this board will bnefit greatly from your insights.

Warm regards,
    Julie

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Welcome dear Lady. Your story was wonderful - not in what happened, but in that you turned it around. Living well is the best revenge on the sorry bastards who damaged you.

We were born the same year. Are you looking forward to 50? My 40's were a hell of a decade. I started them as an elder working as a carpenter, and ended them as an "apostate" and successful full-time writer. I think this coming decade is going to be the best ever!!
    All my best and wishing you a Joyous Solstice!
    S4

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Welcome Lady Lee!
    I can relate to the abusive father part. I am thankful you made it out and made a better life for yourself. Having a place like this to come to has helped me in ways that few will understand. My fiancee has tried to be supportive, but she does not truly undersand what it is like to leave an orginization like the JWs. I would bet you make a great counselor, by what I read in your first post. Again, welcome and hang around!

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hi Jayhawk S4 and Julie

How sad that so many of us who experienced abuse as children get trapped as adults in a similar kind of misery. But the wonderful thing is that the truth really does make one free.

S4 I am so looking forward to my 50's. My 30's were the pits but the 40's have been great for me and as I recover the years are getting better. Can't wait til I am sixty - hmm Nope I didn't say that - not me hehehe I find that as I get older a lot of what I thought mattered - really doesn't so I can live within my own rules in ways that are healthy and life-restoring instead of life-threatening.

Jayhawk I don't think anyone who hasn't been there can really understand - support and comfort - but not truly understand. I think even those who have come from abusive homes would not fully understand the spiritual abuse aspects of a group like the JWs. How wonderful that we now have the opportunity to meet and share our experiences on-line and at times face-to-face.

And Julie - thanks - onward and upwards :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit