Do You still Believe Some of the Doctrines?

by cameo-d 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Even if you have left the JWs are there still bits and pieces of the doctrines you still believe?

What doctrines do you still believe that are taught by the WT?

• flipper
    flipper

Nope. None. Notta . Nothing. It's fantasy

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've thought about it and I can honestly say that I don't.

• misguided
    misguided

The doctrine I still believe is: By this you will know them, if they have love amongst themselves."

Only thing is, now I know what that REALLY means!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

A trough of slops, with a handful of corn kernals mixed in. Why would you dive in to the filth to retrieve the corn kernals? Go buy a can of corn and be done with it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

JW's say there is no immortal soul

They teach that there is no everlasting torment in a burning hell

They say there is no Holy Trinity of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost

I agree with these doctrines

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

One for sure, that Jesus is invisible....I mean I never see him

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

They teach that there is no everlasting torment in a burning hell

They say there is no Holy Trinity of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost

I agree with both of those things, too, Gregor. It does not mean that the WT is the whole truth and nothing but. Neither does it mean that I am a JW. It's just what I chose to believe and what "feels right" to me .

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Nope. Especially the doctrine that says that our 'loving heavenly Father' must uphold his own standards of justice. That standard means that since Eve ate an apple without permission that he should cause billions to suffer and die for millenia, send one fellow to die and make up for the illicit meal, wait more millenia before the benefits are applied 'justly', then assure that billions must die at his hand at Armageddon. Yea - that seems like a fair trade for Eve's horrible sin. How did I ever believe such tripe?

Jeff

• oompa
    oompa

yes i still kinda like "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit