Moments of Epiphany... and other touchstones in life...

by AK - Jeff 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• greater_freedom
    greater_freedom

Hey Jeff,

I enjoyed reading your journy through your experiance of jwism again. I have been away from here for some time.

Are you ready to go have a beer? I'm heading up your way later this afternoon.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Two years ago, when my then JW girlfriend, dumped me, was soon DF'd for having sex with her ex-boyfriend ( I thought ) while we were going out

When I had foot surgery that set me back, and missed quite a few meetings and was unable to go out in field circus, if you aren't a top performer and kissing a** you are irrelevant in the Borg

When my once Regular pioneer partner and his sis, were divorced, and he married a "worldly" woman ( we're best of buds now still ) This was all a big deal because he went on to Bethel ( Walkill ), how he revealed to me how was ( in his words now ) a "man-whore" and I realized as a Bethel god he was getting more ass than a car seat. Well that house of cards fell down quick. It was a shock to me because they came from the atypical Dub family Dad was an elder,EVERYBODY regular pioneered.......fine,fine people if you asked the PO or CO...and they are....

Basically I began to realize ALOT of people were not what I thought, that alot of what is seen at the hall is just show, that i CONSTANTLY heard ythat there are NO classes in Gee-Hobahs Organization, but from what my eyes told me if you were an MS/Elder or Bethelite, or for sisters a size 2,regualr pioneer and especially came from one of those Well-to-do ( finacially and "spiritual" wise ) families then people fawned over and kissed your a** to no end

I was raised by a single mom, we were well to do I guess,but by no means rich or wealthy, people only talked to her because I regular pioneered and well like all the other good dub kids got invited to lots of stuff. Though everyone seemed oblivios to it, I notice that cliques abound in the ORG.

I noticed this before, but around 2006/07 when I had some hard times with my foot requiring surgery and was no longer in service/at the meetings, I began to realize it's for show and alot of friendships are CONDITIONAL.

Basically I had a nice long drink of the Kool-Aid, as a guy who came in out the world, it never occured to me that many dubs were no different than the so-called worldy people we demonized....

It has also become obvious that there are ALOT of horny people, young and old in the Borg. Especially around 18, I've never noticed before,but it appears you marry at 18 and when the thrill of having only sex in common wears off many are divorced by their mid 20's sadly.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Out of curiosity; do you still have that chart?

Sorry. It was part of a hard drive that died a few years back, before I understood the need to back up vital info. But it was a labor of love, and quite detailed. It was the start of my realization that it was all bunk, really. It was the first time I actually expressed to myself a measure of total doubt about the organization. It took a couple years more before I left.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Are you ready to go have a beer? I'm heading up your way later this afternoon.

Sorry. read this two days after you posted. Call me and let's do that beer sometime. GF you have a PM.

Jeff

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

When certain elders told me my questions may seem valid, but that certain things are not yet clear and that they will be answered as the light gets brighter...that I just need to wait on Jah. Mystery?...sounds a bit like the explanation of the Trinity!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit