Which online school do you recommend?

by asilentone 43 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

It is hard for me to choose which one.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I don't recommend online schools. But it does depend on the degree you're seeking.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Pick ones that require you to have an independent proctor when you take your exams. That way you won't be embarrassed on job interviews when asked if all your exams were "open book" (i.e., a really low quality education). I know of some reputable schools doing this and it is really a waste of money to get a degree in that manner. IMHO

Also find the best accreditation you can afford, and Google the college ahead of time to see if it has a bad reputation.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

SixofNine's Industrial Arts and Social Charm School for make benefit of Sixy Muthafukas.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I went through ww.cuny.edu/online... and now I am in traditional brick and mortar grad school...

• yknot
    yknot

Check with local institutions and statewide first.

Online courses and degrees are all the rage.

Depending on degree you reasonably could obtain most if not all courses online.

Ultimately it all depends on the degree you are seeking.

I will pm a link unique to you state.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    SixofNine's Industrial Arts and Social Charm School for make benefit of Sixy Muthafukas.

That was funny.

But seriously, I'd avoid "Online Universities" Find one with a real campus that offers some online classes. Strayer <SP> comes to mind. But why not look into a conventional University? I know when I look at resumes that's a big ole red flag.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I've got to say, if you're going to go to the trouble and expense of a college education, do yourself a favor and get a real education, not a correspondance one. Not only will you recieve more hands on practical skills, the degree will be much more valuable to employers.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Not only will you recieve more hands on practical skills, the degree will be much more valuable to employers.

Amen John, plus don't forget the networking opportunies. You never know who you'll meet.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I beg to differ. My online degree was very useful. And the degree does not say online. And now that I am in traditional studies, I think that online studies has serious learning advantages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit