Which online school do you recommend?

by asilentone 43 Replies latest jw friends

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I would check with the individual States to determine which online schools are accepted for State employment. I know that Texas excludes the majority of online schools as not acceptable for fulfilling education requirements for State jobs. If the State doesn't accept a degree, it is unlikely it will be very useful to other employers.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

All the colleges in RI offer online degrees. I know CCRI you can get your Associate's without ever setting foot in a classroom. RIC and URI offer classes online, all the basic requirements and you can make arrangements with the teachers to do your work online. RWU where I went there were classes that I could arrange with the teacher to just e-mail the assignments in. So really even if technically the school doesn't offer online courses you can still arrange to take your classes that way.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Maybe I would like to be a massage therapist.

Asilenttone...

If you are considering that field, I would think it would be more of a contact subject with "hands-on" instruction rather than just reading from a manual and doing on line q/a. There are different kinds of massage and some of the people I know still continue to go back to school even after opening a practice so they can keep advancing in specialized areas.

I would think you might also inquire at local spas, chiropracters, etc. what their qualifications are for hiring massuses ....so you know in advance what might be expected and maybe inquire about training schools with highest rating, closest proximity, etc.

Now, if you really have the "hands" and the feel for it, and I think ROLFERS are very scarce. You might be interested in checking that out. You have to go to school in Colorado, I think. There is only one school in USA to give instruction and certify.

Best of luck to you.

Cameo-d

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Yes Snoozy, I seriously shortened my BA time by CLEPping... it took my 1 year 3 months to get my BA... and now I'm in Grad School... it saved me a pretty penny (I took 25 CLEPs...)

How much did each CLEP cost?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit