Which online school do you recommend?

by asilentone 43 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I beg to differ. My online degree was very useful. And the degree does not say online.

You really think employers are unfamiliar with which schools are online?

• Priest73
    Priest73
    You really think employers are unfamiliar with which schools are online?

We are.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

My school was not an exclusively online school. It is a brick and mortar school with a tiny online program. There is no way any employer will know that I went to a CUNY online school since my degree does not say that, unless I say so. At any rate, I will have a Graduate Degree in no time, so the online Undergrad degree will be a moot point.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

But, do they offer on-line sororities?

• Priest73
    Priest73
    I beg to differ. My online degree was very useful. And the degree does not say online. And now that I am in traditional studies, I think that online studies has serious learning advantages.

Lance, it is useful, but it's incomplete. College is more that just "book learning." It's an experiece. I'm more likely to hire someone with the full well rounded experience than home skooled.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    But, do they offer on-line sororities?

Yeah. it's called Delta Gamma myspace.com

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Well, in my case, I had the experience. I just needed the degree. I still disagree that online studies is not an "experience". That's like saying that JWD is not a true "apostate" experience just because you don't physically meetup with your fellow "apostates".

At any rate, I will have a Master's from a Brick and Mortar School by June 2010 if all goes as planned. And then my online degree will be moot.

• yknot
    yknot

The middle ground is that most state universities and reputable private colleges now offer online degrees and courses too!

Also on the rise is the option of online 'Second Degrees' on many of these campuses. This means if you already have BS you can take only the necessary courses to change from say a Business to BSN.

I see what you are saying Priest, however most of us are 'older' and looking to up our finances only.

I would highly recommend a few courses in the liberal arts for the shear pleasure of the experience later on.

Phys ed classes are cheaper then gym memberships too and a person is less likely to slack off going!

• Priest73
    Priest73

Lance, I completely agree, but your experiece if COMPLETELY unique.

• Priest73
    Priest73

BTW,

I received my undergrad and masters from the same university. Some people think of that as not well rounded. Sometimes you just can't win...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit