My Brother In Law just died tonight.

by AK - Jeff 36 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for all the nice thoughts. Turns out the funeral is going to be at a local funeral home, not the KH. Thank God for that. The local PO is giving the sales speech. I may be able to attend it turns out - I think it will be on Monday, one of my days off work.

I stopped by the family home this evening, and found that he had actually been in the hospital for about a week, but was just set to be released. He had been sitting up, taking dinner, when he just got dizzy, fell backwards with a massive flat-line heart attack. They tried to revive him for about an hour, to no avail.

I will miss him, though we haven't spent much time together for several years.

Live everyday, friends. Live everyday!

Jeff

• flipper
    flipper

AK JEFF- I'm so sorry to hear of you and your wife's loss. My wife and I send our love and deepest sympathies to you. Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

So sorry for your loss

• Purza
    Purza

Very sorry for your loss Jeff.

Purza

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Rest in light and joy.

I'm sorry for your loss, Dear Jeff.

Love,
    Baba.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Jeff I am glad to hear it isn't going to be in a Kingdom Hall...my hubby was a JW but he hadn't been that active until shortly before his death..I didn't know if they would hold it (The memorial service) in the KH or not but they said yes. I was almost hoping they would say no but I'm glad I did it for him.

I would have felt a lot more comfortable at a funeral parlor though.

It still hurts when they die even if we aren't that close to someone..

My condolences..

Snoozy..

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Sincere condolences to you and yours, Jeff.

~Sue

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Sad to hear about the death in your family. Please do not beat yourself up any more for not going to visit him recently as you mentioned. It is purely the WATCHTOWER'S FAULT that put all the strain between you and him and your visits were not as pleasant as you would have liked them to be. Many of us have had to deal with these same problems brought on only because we saw through the phony WTS and took action.

Be assured that he is at peace, in a better place, and know he realizes NOW what a cockeyed outfit the WTS is now and always has been.

hugs,

Annie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It is purely the WATCHTOWER'S FAULT that put all the strain between you and him and your visits were not as pleasant as you would have liked them to be. Many of us have had to deal with these same problems brought on only because we saw through the phony WTS and took action.

True. Actually, since Randy was inactive for many years [actually perpetually] the strain was both ways. When I was Jw, I was really Jw, and used most opportunities when I saw him to try to 'readjust' him. God, how self-righteous we were then! Later, when I left, he never shunned me, but I was always uncomfortable about the possibility that his mother or other Jw's might be visiting him or the family. So, I didn't stop over as often as I would have liked.

Update:

Visitation was Sunday afternoon. I hurried home from work and made it on time. There were several Jw's at the Funeral Home, all of whom took opportunity to scatter when I was in the vicinity. I did have opportunity to comfort the family, and renew a few friendships. Funny, how when I was Jw, those 'worldly' people were just so much background noise to me, while I focused on my 'brothers'. Now, I take every chance to let them know they are important to me. I also tell them about how I am being shunned, and I am amazed how many of them feel shunned also, even the ones who never were Jw's. They feel the hateful arrogance of the Jw's.

Today is the funeral. Afterwards a dinner. I mentioned avoiding that to my wife, who asked 'why should you not go? You are family. Let them kiss your ass!' She's right. So I will go.

Jeff

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry for your loss. I still find it hard to believe how jw's treat people at funerals, it is appalling. Sorry about the shunning you must endure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit