Global Warming Is Irreversible, Study Says

by Alpaca 67 Replies latest social current

• besty
    besty

Oompa - do you find it interesting that when people make the "Ice Age was coming in the 1970's" argument, they always refer to media coverage of this supposed phenomenon?

They don't point out the scientific papers that are alledged to support this view. Surely better to quote source material than read it through the media filter?

Fortunately we don't have to guess what the scientific community of climate experts were saying then. Several scientists have gone to the bother for us to check all relevant subject papers published between 1965 and 1979 and written a paper for us.

Peterson, T.C., W.M. Connolley, and J. Fleck, 2008: The Myth of the 1970s Global Cooling Scientific Consensus. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 89, 1325–1337.

You can read it here http://ams.allenpress.com/perlserv/?request=get-abstract&doi=10.1175%2F2008BAMS2370.1&ct=1

To summarise the summary:

• 7 articles predicting cooling
  • 44 predicting warming
  • 20 that were neutral
  • Let the reader use discernment.

• oompa
    oompa

Kudra: The residence time of CO2 in the atmosphere is ~1000 years. .........crap..this is oompa now........could somebody tell me how the fluck anybody can possible know this for certain?

i suppose the scientists over 1000 years ago had done the study, lasting over 1000 years...and passed it on to us?...........oompa.

i think jw thinking is infectious....we believe what we have been told, by people we want to believe
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Kudra: The residence time of CO2 in the atmosphere is ~1000 years. .........crap..this is oompa now........could somebody tell me how the fluck anybody can possible know this for certain?
    i suppose the scientists over 1000 years ago had done the study, lasting over 1000 years...and passed it on to us?...........oompa.
    i think jw thinking is infectious....we believe what we have been told, by people we want to believe

You basically just said EXACTLY what Jehovah's Witnesses say when confronted with scientific information about the age of civilization, humanity, and the geological features of the earth.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Sixofnine has made a very persuasive post...

"[another poster is]...too GD stupid to discuss global warming...so he should 'stfu' [shut the fuck up]...[he then humorously refers to GW as a "rock solid theory".!! LOL]....you effing bitches...should just go kill yourselves"

Who's too GD stoopid to discuss Global Climate Change/Warming ?

I suppose if a "consensus" of scientists decided that the earths gravity was weakening we would all be fools not to start wearing Velcro shoes.

We don't need no stinking posting guidelines!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

6o9 is dummer than the avatar it sports.

And uglier too.

BTS

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Gregor,

You are clearly a bitter old man. Give it a rest man. And, read a little...it'll do you good.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Seriously, you effing Darwin Award winning bitches need to just go ahead and kill yourselves.

Geez, SixofNine, tell us how you really feel!

• beksbks
    beksbks

What a bunch of f*cking morons. You are so zombiefied by the right wing corporate agenda that cares for nothing but thier own bottom line, that you would block action to help your own children and grandchildren. Why not go back to the Dubs if you need to be led around by your ignorant noses? At least that way you would have little effect on the rest of us.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I think you guys can discus a topic without the personal verbal abuse toward one another, have some respectful demeanor,

or I'll send you all back to the hall for some counseling.

One thing that can be noted is up here in Canada we're having the coldest winter in 2 decades,

so if this continues consecutively for a couple more years the global warming theory to me is out the window.

Perhaps not totally but its argument is definitely weakened.

Thinking green and being more environmentally conscience is a good direction for us anyways to go, being that the expansion

of modernization in some of countries like China and India is just going to hurt the global atmosphere progressively in the future.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    What a bunch of f*cking morons. You are so zombiefied by the right wing corporate agenda that cares for nothing but thier own bottom line, that you would block action to help your own children and grandchildren. Why not go back to the Dubs if you need to be led around by your ignorant noses? At least that way you would have little effect on the rest of us.

Very nice. Drop in and insult. I expected more from you beksbks. I can honestly say I've seen a different side of you. And it's not pretty. Go ahead and insult me back. I expect it.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit