What Have YOU Learned About Jehovah's Witnesses That You Didn't Know Before?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Before I came to websites like freeminds that led me to JWD, I had figured out that
    it wasn't the truth. I had read enough to learn that it was a dangerous mind-control
    cult.

What I still had to learn was that a former Governing Body member had written two books
    that would help me learn so many other things about the 2/3rds vote and the real story
    behind door-to-door work and Mexico/Malawi. I learned that ex-JW's were searching each
    other out in large numbers, and while they couldn't really be organized as a unit, they were
    available for support.

I learned plenty more of the details, but they aren't that interesting.

• smiddy
    smiddy

All of the above,and then some more.

I used to think I was street smart,irreverent even,then I was converted at 19 and held captive (willingly ) for 33 years !! I can`t beleive now, how gullible I was for so long

Scary

smiddy

• hubert
    hubert

Forbidding Organ transplants....Then allowing it 13 years later. How many died in those years?

Hubert

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Hard to believe but the whole time I was in I had never heard of shunning. I hadn't witnessed it and when I first came to the XJW boards I didn't believe it...I thought that the people that were posting that had done something to anger their relatives and it didn't really have anything to do with the religion..

The only thing I remember is one sister got disfellowshipped for smoking? and a few months later got reinstated. She always came in after the meeting started and left before it ended.

I remember someone saying we shouldn't talk to her but they didn't say couldn't... I would have if I had the chance.

I attended from 1961 till 1975 so I don't know if it was just our congregation or they didn't push the issue that much then.

So you can imagine my surprise when I found out how rampant it was in other congregations..and I am now a believer!...

Snoozy...

• bobld
    bobld

Just listening to the elders prayers and the comments at the meetings. Makes one think that the G.B. is God.Also the

average J.W. has a very short memory and will believe everything that the G.B. says.Plus all the bs that I cannot

erase w/o getting in family trouble.

B

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That getting baptised was the biggest mistake a born-in could possibly make.

Well..... that is not quite true, really.....

I knew that.....and I didn't get baptised.

Thank God for that.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The first thing I learned was this....

My Dad came around and announced that I have to hurry up and get in now because the generation of 1914 was getting pretty old now, so armageddon was not far away.

When he left I GOOGLEd "watchtower false prophets" and found out that the 1914 generation doctrine had been discarded 7 years earlier.

....I learned that Dad didn't know as much as Google

Cheers

Chris

Member of the Google and Wiki Cults

• minimus
    minimus

I learned that maybe your stillborn might be ressurected (or not).

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I learned how little I was willing to think for myself...it made sense to buy into the concept that anything different was bad. In looking back I guess it was learning how much the WT fears open discussion, information and individual study.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What Have YOU Learned About Jehovah's Witnesses That You Didn't Know Before?

That the Governing Body is actually what happens when a Bingo game goes horribly wrong.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit