What Have YOU Learned About Jehovah's Witnesses That You Didn't Know Before?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

To many things to mention but here are a few. Jesus is only the mediator for the 144k and they mediate for us. That Russell taught that the 144 were gods. That the were still beleiving Christ came in 1874 long after 1914. So much for their "eyes of understanding" myth. I now know that Jehovah's people are not a happy people. In fact if my own JW family is an accurate representation of the organization I would say that a good 98% of them are very depressed or worse.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah`s Witness`s know nothing about the organization that dictates them..The WBT$.................Jehovah`s Witness`s believe the WBT$ and Jehovah`s Witness`s are one and the same..They are not...............................OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

When I became an elder, I got to see the politics that existed within the Organization. It's who you know!!!

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

Personally, I was shocked to see how they changed the translation of certain scriptures in the Bible to fit with their own doctrine. Further, even when they don't actually change the scripture, they change the meaning of the scriptures in ways that I would never have guessed. The logic that they use to rationalize the 144,000 in Revelation being a literal number is childish.

er

• minimus
    minimus

When I read Franz' books, I saw the light. Still, it took me a while to physically leave the den.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Well I learned from the mainstream media that there was some sort of a backroom deal with the government of Bulgaria regarding the Society's stance on blood...at first, I was incredulous...

However I soon began to see the light ... many, many backroom deals going on in this organization....all of which gives me hope that something, very soon, is going to blow the whole farce wide open...

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

MINIMUS

I always thought that the WTS was a Bible based religion and everyone was there to learn the Bible and apply it in their lives. Everyone had their own Bible and carried it to every meeting. All talks,magazine articles,service meetings,assemblies,and home Bible studies,the Bible was used. We were taught that only the Witnesses read or understood the Bible.

I now know that the WTS is just a real estate and book publishing corporation hiding in the name of religion. They publish too many books,produce too many bi-weekly Watchtower magazines,yearbooks,calenders,and way too much literature for everyone to read. The meetings are nothing but a sales meeting to inspire the troops and send them out for mass distribution. (Make sure that everyone hands in a time slip every month so the WTS keep track of who is loyal or needs the whip).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That parts of the money I donated were going to help protect pedophiles within the ranks.

That the religion was essentially the same structurally as the early Catholic church.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1
    When I became an elder, I got to see the politics that existed within the Organization. It's who you know!!!

I seen this when I became MS...

• still_in74
    still_in74

i wouldnt even know where to start to answer that.

Everything.

If someone asked me why I dont believe in the WTS I would probably be speechless. I dont even remember why I believed them in the first place.

I am so mentally disconnected from them that I am finding myself presuming that other witnesses feel the same way - I have discovered that I am not totally wrong in that assumption either.

However I am also finding that some of my family are being inquisitive about me so I have to be careful. I have opened up so much to some elders that eventhough they agree with everything I say, I may see this coming back to haunt me. There is a part of me that wants this to happen.

Sorry for changing topic...

• Russel & pyrmidology
    • Millerites & Adventism
    • demonic & occult teachings of Russel
    • monthly changes to eschatology from 1914 through 1920
    • mulitple failures of WTS Prophecy/predictions - ie: 1876, 1878, 1881, 1910, 1914, 1915, 1918, 1919, 1920, 1925, 1942, 1974
    • flip flops of Sodom & Gomorah / higher powers
    • obscenity and alcoholism of Rutherford
    • Rutherfords legal loop-hole tyranny to gain control of WTS
    • generation failure after failure only to revert back to a teaching almost a century old (1874-1914/144k/gen of 1914/wicked/144k)
    • WTS use of bible written by a spirit medium for NWT
    • manipulation of Jehovahs name in NT in NWT - "tweaking" of word translations to slant NWT scripture toward WTS theology
    • interjection of bedroom laws, removal of bedroom laws, re-interjection of bedroom laws
    • "tacking" - 1975 "apology"
    • virtual replacement of Jesus by WTS
    • admission of WTS that GB have "no special insights" beyond GC but to listen to GB unquestionly b/c Jah guides them only & not the GC (?)
    • misapplication of Jewish blood laws to medical blood transfusion - fractions
    • quickness of writing commitee to attempt to back peddle w/o checking previous WT articles for contradiciton
    • UN - NGO & the infamous "library card"
    • Ray Franz, Barb Anderson, Jay Walter, Randy Waters (DOGPATCH!) etc.
    • WTS crackdown of intelligence, personal study, knowledge & success
    • WTS use of Cult tactics to control R&F
    • the term R&F
    • Freddy Franz famous Gilead speech undermining the implimentation of a Governing Body

dam I'm tired.....

anyone else!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit