What Have YOU Learned About Jehovah's Witnesses That You Didn't Know Before?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know but as an elder you really get to see the inner workings of how people get picked, why some are not used for assembly parts, how some COs and DOs think. It's very interesting to recognize that "Jehovah" has very little to do with "The Organization".

• minimus
    minimus

Still in, that's a good list!

• undercover
    undercover

A lot of what was on still-in's list is what Ive learned as well.

But I think the biggest thing that made a difference was that Jah's people are not special or more loving or care any more about me than could "worldly" people.

Once I realized that I wasn't part of a United World Brotherhood....It all kinda fell apart for me.

• minimus
    minimus

I learned the Society is better at legal issues than religious ones.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I learned they are extremely wealthy.

I truly believed that the society was poor and made sure that we scraped together a few hundred a month for them. I took one 2 weekvacation in 30 years because I had no money, drove old clunkers, 2nd hand furniture and did without, so that I could make sure they got theirs each week. Finding out they lied about their finances to the extent they have millions really ticks me off. They should be hauled before the courts for misrepresentation -frauds.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I could write a book about what I didn't know. Wait, that book has already been written. It's called "Crisis of Conscience".

• StAnn
    StAnn

In a nutshell, I've learned that Jehovah's Witnesses are concerned with memorizing scriptures and spending countable hours in field service. It's all about being able to show off. By contrast, real Christians are concerned with living out their religious faith by being loving and charitable to others, regardless of their belief system, and rather than spending hours in useless field service, they try to do types of ministries that actually benefit people.

Jehovah's Witness profess they are good. Real Christians actually do good works.

StAnn

• still_in74
    still_in74

Still in, that's a good list!

Thanks Min,

just think of what I could come up with in a couple hours let alone 5 minutes!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Then the mistress Rose?

Rose Ball was not Russell's mistress. Even Maria Russell didn't believe she was and even testfied to the same. Russell took the "vow" and even though he was married remained celebate to his death. Clayton Woodworth, et. al. did the same. That alone was enough to make Russell a wacko, though.

I'm only mentioning this because JWs are quick to pounce on (even small) mistakes made by WTS opposers and use those little mistakes to disregard every other factual thing that shows the WTS is wrong and corrupt.

Farkel

• oompa
    oompa

i learned they have a fraudulant bible own my on...they have so changed it......but until i got here....i had heard NOTHING about the UN thing...or blood rules in other countries...or mexico card issues or such........but the fake bible was enough for me........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit