What's Your Favorite Breakfast Consist Of?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowman
    Nowman

You can make this at home, but lately I love Starbucks low fat/low cholesterol breakfast sandwich, its very filling and gives you alot of energy.

multi grain english muffin

low fat cheddar cheese

3 slices of trukey bacon

1-2 egg whites

I had one today...again.

Nikki

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Just a little whole grain cereal or a bagel.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Nowman, I like turkey bacon and whole grains, and I can even live with low fat cheese. But eggs without the yolks borders on the perverse!

I make my own ice cream which requires a lot of egg yolks. I thought I'd make myself an omlette out of egg whites only so they wouldn't go to waste. I managed to swallow it, but it took a lot of effort.

W

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Spicy Scrambled Eggs

2 tablespoons of oil

1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds

5 or 6 curry leaves

One small red onion (better still 2 or 3 shallots) finely chopped

1 Tomato chopped

1/2 teaspoon turmeric

1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder (1/4 if don't like things too spicy)

3 eggs - well beaten

Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add mustard seeds

When seeds begin to pop add the curry leaves and fry for about 1 minute

Add onions and fry until soft

add spices and stir in well for about a minute

add tomatoes and lower the heat and cook until they soften

Add the beaten eggs and continue to stir until the eggs scramble

Serve on hot buttered toast

• minimus
    minimus

i'm getting hungry again.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Eyeslice, that sounds great! I'm tempted to try it for dinner tonight.

W

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Banana Milk Shake, with Fruit.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well, I had a DELICIOUS (correct spelling this time

AWESOME Minimus

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

My Favorite breakfast has always been Home made waffles, covered with pure maple syrup,

freshly whipped cream and topped with fresh blackberries, strawberries or blueberries,

of couse accompanied with a mild breakfast coffee.

Unfortunatly its a little time comsuming so it only happens on the weekend........Darn

• parakeet
    parakeet

1. Pina Colada Smoothie (nonalcoholic): 6 ounces chilled pineapple juice, 1 cup frozen fresh pineapple chunks, 1/2 cup whole-milk yogurt, half a teaspoon of coconut extract, and a little sugar if the pineapple is not very sweet. Blend until smooth. One serving. (If you add chilled rum, it makes a great pina colada -- for later in the day, of course).

2. Two hot waffles with a slab of vanilla ice cream between them. You have to eat it fast!

3. French toast spiced with nutmeg, real maple syrup, crisp bacon, hot black coffee.

4. Eggs in the hole: With a 2-3 inch cookie or biscuit cutter, cut the center out of a thick slice of good, chewy bread. Butter the bread and the "hole," and start browning them in a skillet. Drop a bit of butter into the hole, break an egg into it, cook and turn once. Continue browning until bread is toasty brown, but the egg yolk is still liquid. Serve. Use the "hole" to dip into the egg. Then cut the whole thing up and eat. Good with bacon, sausages, ham, what-have-you.

5. Scrambled eggs, blueberry muffin, and hot black coffee.

6. Cut a fresh, high-quality bread roll in half. Warm in microwave or oven briefly. Spread with sweet butter, and place on it a paper-thin slice of German Westphalian ham (available in German delis). Eat with a piece of fruit and a hot cup of tea. (This breakfast is my favorite.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit