Transformations seen on jwd

by rebel8 38 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

File:Wild Cat on Serifos - Cropped.jpg

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Easy with the cat slobber! I'm allergic to the heathens.

• rebel8
    rebel8

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Good thread rebel. I remember when you first started posting. You've come a ways yourself don't you think?

Chris

Yeah, you’re probably right! Hopefully I’m much less annoying. Ha ha

Truthfully, I’m a lot less angry. I needed to vent it all. And I felt, at the time, that I needed to help a few more people out of the cult to do my penance.

Slim, you make some very good points. It’s unfair of me to draw any sort of conclusions about a book I didn’t read. I guess I was hoping librarians would be thorough in choosing what goes into their library.

According to the Wikipedia entry [obviously written by a jw] on flag saluting, the jws in the 1940s were called Nazi supporters by others. I think the Society’s plain statements in its publications are totally sick--maybe that's where others got that idea too. I do feel bad for the dubs who followed their flip-flops on this issue, very misguided by men they trusted, to the pain of death. What a waste of perfectly good lives. I wrote about that to the museum. I feel they should have lots of info about how the Society manipulated jws, and attempted to manipulate Hitler [early in his career].

ITA about Danny. That was the final straw leading me to take a break from the board. If people thought he needed help then they should have gotten him some, or at least encouraged him to do so. I also was pretty sickened by every freaking lurker coming out of the woodwork to categorically and instantaneously paste the scarlet letter on him, without really knowing the facts. It was just like the dubs do when someone is marked. The full story is not as portrayed here.

Richie…..well, yeah about the stunts. But stunts can be therapeutic too. OTOH I remember lots of people telling him to keep the peace until he’s done with college. I thought him being in prison was a case of mistaken identity?

John Doe…..oh come on. YOU have changed now haven’t you!

• John Doe
    John Doe
    John Doe…..oh come on. YOU have changed now haven’t you!

The longer I live, the more jaded, cynical, and apthetic I become about just about everything. I guess you could call that change.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

When I came here, I still believed in God. Now I believe in Santa Claus! :)

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Speaking for myself I know I once had some lingering thoughts that the great tribulation and Armageddon might still happen any day. I'm pretty sure it showed in my posts. Reading Ray's books really helped.

Nice to be free huh?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

This is my second board, I wish Tishie's first board was still up so people could read my posts from still being in to leaving and finally go to here where I was out and comfortable.

I guess the change would be I became more educated about my stance, and am now a Father.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    The longer I live, the more jaded, cynical, and apthetic I become about just about everything. I guess you could call that change.

That's because you are a Republican...try the other team JD, you might like it!

exjdub

• John Doe
    John Doe
    That's because you are a Republican...try the other team JD, you might like it!

If I'm a Republican, why did I vote for Obama? Too many people are into false dichotomies around here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit