Transformations seen on jwd

by rebel8 38 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Slim, I do think you’ve grown. Today is not the first day I’ve thought that, either. And I don't mean that in a "I'm superior to you" sort of way--I mean I recognize it because it happened to me. Or at least I think so.

I don’t think disagreeing with the content of Penton’s book or my actions means you haven’t grown. It takes a freethinker to do that, right?

Just to let you know, my main request of the Holocaust Museum is that they include the actual wts publications and letter to Hitler, which they did. I would have been 100% satisfied with that. In the course of our correspondence, I mentioned that book as something they may be interested in checking into, they did, and chose to put it in their library. I've been up front about the fact that I've never read it and didn't present myself as endorsing it--just another possible publication to expand the library's holdings on an important topic.

wts is revisionist about its history too, and the museum had only the wts’ revisionist edition in their library. If Penton is unfairly anti-wts, I still think it’s better to have 2 opposing revisionists than to have just one.

According to posts here, I think AlanF if I recall correctly, the museum refused to put the actual wts documents in their library after wt thugs visited them to strongarm them out of it. That sort of thing triumphing is an injustice to everyone, including jws. They should at the very least have the ability to learn the truth and decide for themselves, and so should everyone who wants to access the library.

IMO dedpoet and Danny had issues before they came here; do you feel there’s something about jwd that transformed them for the worse? What happened to RichieRich? I thought he was living happily ever after?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have certainly changed

stilla, I've noticed you're not talking about boobs as often.

I see a general maturing and evolving of the site,do you think it is leading somewhere?

wobble, did you read The Celestine Prophecy? Maybe we're vibrating at a higher level. LOL

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Rebel that's great we can agree to disagree.

I very much doubt the words often quoted from the 1934 Yearbook would serve any genuinely enlightening historical purpose in a rounded presentation of the JW experience during the Nazi period. It would serve an apostate agenda against the Witnesses that's all, and that's why the Witnesses opposed its inclusion naturally. In the context of the Witnesses' long and courageous struggle against the Nazis, focus on a few words taken out of context from an early attempt to secure peace under the Nazi regime would be perverse to say the least.

If Penton is unfairly anti-wts, I still think it’s better to have 2 opposing revisionists than to have just one.

Well opinions have to be weighed not counted. I don't suppose you would endorse the inclusion of David Irving's views in any holocaust memorial for instance. Some gestures toward "balance" we can do without. Historians of Nazi Germany do not credit Penton's presentation of the Witnesses under the Nazis. So there is not the Witness story on the one hand and the apostate story on the other - equal and opposite. In fact there is a large volume of professional historical work on JWs in the Nazi period and it very much does not conform with the view presented by Penton. That is why Penton resorted to calling other historians names in his book.

If there ever was a case of this board ruining a person's life then RichieRich is it in my view. What a car crash. The crowd mentality on here, egging him on in his stunts was despicable. I had a bad feeling from the start about it, and ending up in prison, not on speaking terms with his mother can hardly be described as a positive "transformantion" in my view. Some "freedom" that.

Danny Haszard was arguably significantly encouraged to pursue ever more aggressive acts against Witnesses by the feedback he got on this forum. And then when he responded to the encouragement by taking it too far, physically assaulting an old Witness who came to his door, everyone on here acted shocked and as if this board was in no way to blame.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.........I`m still the same......Doctor............................................................................................................................................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Good thread rebel. I remember when you first started posting. You've come a ways yourself don't you think?

Chris

• oompa
    oompa

i so want to move on........oomps

• beksbks
    beksbks

Come on Ooompa!! Let's go!

I've seen Farkel transform just lately. He's a total cuddle bug now

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

This new forum takes you back to your oldest posts by default when you click on your post history. I read a few of my JWD posts back from 2002, ugh. Pretty cringe-worthy. lol.

• John Doe
    John Doe

The more I see, the more I'm convinced nothing changes. We all live the same stories in this life, occasionally trading names and faces.

• oompa
    oompa
    Beks... I read a few of my JWD posts back from 2002, ugh. Pretty cringe-worthy. lol.

oh hell ya Beks....i wanna puke at mine......and they were not my real first...they were on Coaster...had to change it when wife and dad turned me into the elders for being here........messed me up.....oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit