Transformations seen on jwd

by rebel8 38 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

You know what's really neat?

"Seeing" people on here transform themselves over the years, healing from misbelief, gaining confidence in themselves, becoming strong enough to face the truth, educating themselves about logic, triumphing over toxic influences in their lives, etc.

There are some people here who have grown so much. It's really cool to see it.

*sniff*

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not me. I am just as messed up as on day one.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:"Seeing" people on here transform themselves over the years,

I've become worse!

Farkel

• still_in74
    still_in74

Rebel 8 - I think that you were the first poster to actually post a reply in a thread directed to me. We started a dialogue and now everytime I see your avatar I have to read your post.

I am still in and still F'd up but I am mentally out. JWD has been a big help with this.

Cheers to Simon for all of his selfess hard work!

• Simon
    Simon

I think I've changed over the years. I'm certainly not as interested in JW-ness as I once was although it still affects our family.

It is good to see people come here, get what they need and then move on.

• rebel8
    rebel8

slim, If you'll forgive me for putting you on the spot, you were on the short list of posters I had in mind when I started the topic! You have grown. Admit it.

And Farkel, ITA! (Your transformations occurred while I was still watching the sky for the Armageddon lightning bolts, so I didn't get to see.)

Still_in, Had no idea I had a fan of sorts. I guess this is why I don't change my avatar, ha ha. How would my frenemies recognize me? LOL I read your posts too.

ETA: Simon, that's an underestimation of yourself, isn't it? Wasn't this a somewhat pro-jw forum when you started it?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Yeah, when I first came to JWD I was an alligator. Now look at me!! I'm one of the stooges...

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Rebel 8,

I know I have been educated and encouraged and entertained in the short time I have been on here,I think I have matured as a human being because of all the wonderfull people on here.

Looking back over old posts I see a general maturing and evolving of the site,do you think it is leading somewhere?

What I mean is could this be the start of something big?

I know that sounds silly,but so many people pass through here and go out as better people could JWN be a new religion?

Love Wobble (tongue firmly in cheek)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well that's nice of you to say Rebel but I am not so sure. The other day for instance I strongly disagreed with what you wrote on the thread about Wrobel from the Germany branch. I especially dislike the idea of writing to holocaust memorials promoting Penton-style revisionism about JWs under the Nazis. I was going to post a reply but I didn't have the energy. Maybe if I had written what I intended you would not view me as so reformed.

Plus other forum members have not fared so well in their "transformations" - RichieRich, dedpoet and Danny Haszard spring to mind, as well as some others I wouldn't name.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have certainly changed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit