What would be the iceburg to the WT's Titanic?

by wobble 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rebel8
    rebel8

I don't think there are any iceburgs. Molestation cover-ups, UN, 1975, blood/tort of misrepresentation, etc., etc., have all proved to be ice cubes.

I suppose negative cash flow would be an iceburg, but I don't think that could ever happen.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

well... i know ima be unpopular but...

The WTS is iddy biddy. It really aint jack. I know it may seem like jack to you, but its not jack. Hardly anyone cares about what it does. it may become more and more obscure over time as religion in general declines. It will not sink in the fantastic way you hope.

There is no iceburg. The WTS is no Titanic.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Cash flow is the life blood of any business...negative cash flow is the death knell...I go with negative cash flow.

• Homerovah the Almighty
  • yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The ONLY thing that would totally sink the Watchtower religion is if something happened similar to what Herbert Armstrong's religion suffered after his death, ie, if they radically changed their fundamental doctrines. And by fundamental doctrines, I mean if they began to teach that the trinity was true, that the human soul is immortal, etc, those core beliefs that JW's actually regard as immutable. (It's what makes JW's such an enigma..their core doctrines seem very sound scripturally yet they also have much creedal garbage and junk policy). Its highly improbable this will ever happen, but if it did, JW's would stumble and leave en masse. The organisation would disintegrate, as happened to Armstrong's religion.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The countries in which they operate need to see it for what it actually is .( not a non profit religous institution ) but an organization who makes $ millions in real estate sales,and profits from publishing sales at the expense of volunteer workers.

smiddy

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think as the current GB passes away and is replaced by those born in the 50"s the organization is going to take a turn that will split the organization

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit