What would be the iceburg to the WT's Titanic?

by wobble 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wobble
    wobble

The illustration in my question was inspired by the great Mr Flipper who likened going back to the Borg as "swimming back to the Titanic"

It seems to me that the many and various things that woke us all up are like iceflows to the WTBS,little bumps that they shrug off and ignore,it dosn't seem to matter that these things are HUGE to us,and shattered our faith that the WT had any connection with truth.

So as the U.N debacle,peadophile scandals,lies exposed etc etc are all ignored by the passengers on the WT Titanic,the band is still playing and the ship is unsinkable from their point of view.

What would be the iceburg that would rip a hole in the side of this floating ship of lies?

I cannot think of anything bigger than the things it now shrugs off,any ideas?

Love

Wobble

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

It was such a huge combination of things over a lifetime for me. I could have dealt with some doctrinal inconsistencies if there was true love and friendship within the congregation. I could have kept up the tremendous schedule if I saw value to it. I could have continued to encourage my children to not pursue an education, associate with only JW's and only marry a JW if I saw proof that it works. The lawsuit payoffs for sexual abuse was what finally put my husband and I over the edge. However for my parents and in laws, I don't believe there is "anything" that could budge them. There are some pretty horrendous things going on in the congregation right now and they are proud of the fact that "we keep going".

• badboy
    badboy

I HAVE THINKING, WHAT IF ONE OF THE LEADERS GOT ARRESTED FOR SOMETHING HORRENDOUS.

WHAT EFFECT WOULD THAT HAVE?

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Ya' know it might come out of left field.

If life is discovered on Mars (as strongly suggested in the NASA report last week) they will have some interesting time explaining that in light of their doctrines.

That might force some Dubs to think.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Bulgaria.

I am giving my best effort to tell everyone about it.

http://www.ajwrb.org/bulgaria/report.shtml

• sacolton
    sacolton

The U.S. Government taxing religion.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:What would be the iceburg to the WT's Titanic?

Negative cash flow. The WTS lives and dies on money. Religion is just the vehicle for producing books and the book sellers that sell it. Without cash flow, there would be no more books. Without more books there would be no more Watchtower Corporation. The Watchtower could no more survive just using the Bible than a politician could survive just by being honest.

Farkel

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just about everything has been tried. You put out apostate literature, they tell the members that it is from Satan. You put embarrassments on mainstream media, they tell the members that Satan is controling those articles (but not those articles that are pro-witless). People start seeing irregularities between what they are practicing and what they claim to practice, or with the Bible itself, they tell the members that independent thinking is wrong and that it is impossible to understand the Bible without the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger interpreting it.

They are going to pull that crap even when it is proven that the Original Sin doctrine was either a hoax, or that Jehovah merely created a problem where none existed so He could create the "solution" along with tons of indebtedness to Him. Somehow the witlesses survive in the Bible Belt as well as in the Devil Belt. Neither is capable of derailing a witless that is firmly entrenched.

And some are there, not for the truth, but to control others. Plus, they see the opportunities to molest children and get away with it. As such, it doesn't matter if God doesn't exist or if He is nothing more than an Almighty Lowlife Scumbag. (In fact, those pedophiles could well be atheists.) They are there to control others or molest children, and no amount of scandals are going to derail those cockroaches.

• blondie
    blondie

I agree with Farkel, negative cash flow....

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

negative cash flow makes sense

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit