ANYONE actually understand the 'Revelation Book'? ?

by Latte 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Latte
    Latte

I do believe they are studying this in the UK. i only know coz I just had to ring an estranged JW friend to see if she would confirm that the Tuesday group would be ending (I couldn't believe it!)

She proudly mentioned that they were studying it again....correct me if anyone knows otherwise.

I would happily go through this book again if I could attend and say what I really thought! Hahaha !

Latte

x

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This big red book is the biggest load of crap in Watchtower history.....the little Convention at Cedar point ohio was one the the "truphet blasts" the "two dead Witnesses" represents when Rutherford was imprisoned......

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wow, that's cool, LockedChaos. Just be prepared, Alan Garrow's review on Amazon.com says it best, it "sometimes has the feel of trying to drink from a fire hose". If you're not into detailed literary analysis, it can be a little overwhelming. But I think you might be interested in reading what real scholarship has to say about the book of Revelation, as opposed to the nonsense of the Society. Aune does a magisterial job in marshalling the evidence and bringing out the range of meaning in every verse -- even if the meaning can't be pinned down to one particular option in specific cases.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

The only thing I understood was that the scarlet colored wild beast was the United Nations, and that it was to be avoided at all costs.

Thank heavens they didn't avoid it, and thank heavens their involvement was revealed... or I would still be making excuses for them.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I kind of enjoyed it the first time around. At least it was somewhat intillecually challenging to keep track of all of the symbolic B.S. Not like all the other fluff books which are totally stragithforward.

So many people, like my mom, say "I just don't get it, it's soo deep! Thank god we have the FDS to figure this out for us". Which was sad then, and even more sad now.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Dead easy

• loosie
    loosie

The only thing I actually got from the book was that the "UN is bad."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I actually understood it perfectly. It told us that, unless you do everything the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells you to, and more of it, you are going to die very soon. And then, if you do make it, you are going to have 1,000 years to become stagnant. After that, Satan (that wonderful, liberating Satan) is going to be let loose to entice people to become fun-loving again. Any that do are going to die.

• Quandry
    Quandry

No, but the second time using it at the bookstudy, I developed the ability to nod approvingly at appropriate points, answer using the exact words in the book, continue keeping my head down, reading, instead of having this look-, or this one- when reading about the conventions being the "trumpet blasts." Oh, and the locusts were the witnessess preaching, I think.

Don't get me wrong-I believed it all-completely-I just didn't understand it and thought that I was spiritually weak because it seemed so far-fetched that these tiny unknown conventions so long ago could could send trumpet blasts all over the earth, so that's why I learned to put on an appearance of knowledge.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Did or does any of the wt books make any sense? Free Smiley Face

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit