COMMENTS YOU WILL NOT HEAR AT THE WT STUDY: Help Them Return Without Delay!

by Mary 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

AND Mary - And Your secret is out!!!!!

You like your fries with malt vinegar and salt.

I absolve you my child - I do too (but don't tell the elduhs)

HB

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

thank you Mary...you and Blondie do the best comments... glad there are 2 to share the load...it is a lot of work to put that together....better thought out than the drivel the Writing Department tries to pawn off as "spiritual food."

As to the article...para 16-18 about the "inactive brother" (surely a composite of a bunch of situations or just plain made up)...funny I am now that "inactive brother"....except I am never returning to the WT VOMIT...

Here is how my "drifting takes took place gradually":

I did not do a slow fade. But I did plan it very very carefully. I went from being an elder in good standing in Dec 06 to no meetings by September 2007 (and officially "inactive" by the end of February 2008). I gave the Borg my entire childhood and adult life to age 40. I was raised in it from age 4, so I have no real memories of xmas or birthdays... always persecuted at school because of not celebrating anything...you know how kids are..if you are just a bit different, they can be cruel. Its like that in the Organization...if you are not beating to the drum of the Society, you are looked at as "different" and with suspicion.

I reached out and regular pioneered, MS...got accused of lying by jealous types...deleted....changed congos....crawled my way back on the pioneer list, MS...then elder...MTS school.. went to an assignment briefly...changed congos twice.... along the way many attempts were made to derail me...and for a year even succeeded from keeping me reappointed as an elder for a year. (I still have a copy of the letter one elder sent to the Society about me...they dont know I have a copy)...but kept at it..doggedly pursuing the Organization's "carrot."

Once I was deleted as an elder in 06...I knew exactlyhow to fade and what I had to do to be (mostly) left alone...

(1) I switched congos....although only 20 min away..it is in a different congo, different KH, different circuit, even different state. Once the BOE there knew they couldnt reappoint me as an elder for 3 years, they forgot about me. which is exactly what I wanted.

(2) I quit going in FS as soon as I go there (but turned in phantom time for 8 months)...

(3) slowly quit going to all meetings.... never went to the CBS....then less and less to the TMS/SM....then not at all...then started leaving after the talk on Sunday....and then disappeared..

I am now in no-man's land with the Borg..they have nothing on me... I live in one congo's territory, card in another congo..and most importantly...my card is in a different circuit than I live... so I dont have a CO noticing my absence in one congo because I dont live there and the CO where I live doesnt even know I exist....lol

It is true that I will not enjoy complete peace from the rare "shepherding" attempts until I move away from the region (I am too well known in about 150 congos in this "market" because of past responsibilities I have held in the Borg)...but the few phone calls I do get asking how I am are only met by me with "work and school...keeps me busy." And not in a way that encourages further discussion.

I feel bad for those here who have family in and either have to keep attending to keep peace or who dont go and have to deal with the consequences. My JW mom doesnt live close by so she doesnt get pressured to distance herself from me. Thank goodness for small favors.

I hope this article doesnt precipitate a sudden "interest" in Brother Snakes.

Snakes ()

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

PARAGRAPH 11 IS ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS. PRICELESS!!

This very scripture shows that ALL those having faith in Christ should take the

bread and wine.

How many here now see that if they are Christains they should be eating Christ's flesh and blood?

But if you see it this way , you are refusing the Witchtowers "excellent" food.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH!

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Your example of the sister who committed suicide is especially heartbreaking

She was right. The "Society" was wrong. She was DF. unjustly.

If she killed herself before the change on Witness Suicides, does this mean she WILL NOT get a resurrection,

unlike those who killed themselves after the mid 90s Witchtower?

Like those who rejected the message before the change on the "sheep and goats":

Does this mean those worldlings dying before the change in "understanding" will not be resurrected,

but those dying after will come back??

And they mock the Church of Rome when they change a teaching!!!!!

HB

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Mary, I can't even say how much I appreciate all of your hard work on this one. Right before I sat down to read this I was talking to my mom (die hard), I told my husband she was talking about family members who have "fallen away" and the fact that they all wish they were back in the truth (Yeah right). She went on and on how they are all so curious about the new meeting arrangement and blah blah. I am thinking why is she telling me, who hasn't been to a meeting in 7 months all of this. Well, after I read your commentary it makes perfect sense. Thank you so much, I can now be prepared for them investigating my secret sins and materialism and endless attempts to bring me back into the fold of vipers. Thanks again!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Thanks Mary! As usual, your wicked sense of humor and quick wit make the Watchtower study something beautiful to behold.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i really appreciate your dissection of the drivel... hope it is not too horribly distasteful for ya, mate

this line>>> This brother's problems began to subside after he accepted a personal Bible study

who believes this stuff???

even though our "problems" have not
    disappeared since leaving the b0rg,
    the unrelenting pressure to do more,
    more, MORE on the hamster wheel
    has diminished the pressure and
    whadda ya know? life outside the
    b0rg is better than it was as an active drone

i am so hoping we are immune from
    this campaign.... but regardless,
    article discussions like this do help
    one to be prepared to make a reply
    to him who is haunting me ;-)

• bebu
    bebu

Blondie's got large shoes to fill, Mary. But your comments are in her league.

I'm giving your review 2 thumbs up!

bebu

• StAnn
    StAnn

"Q1. What did Peter say when many disciples abanĀ­doned Jesus?

JESUS CHRIST was once abandoned by many disciples who rejected one of his teachings. "

Interesting how they don't mention which one of his teacings the disciples rejected. This is especially pertinent since the WTS also rejects this teaching of Jesus! Jesus said, "Whoever eats 19 my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. "

So, given this teaching of Jesus, and the fact that the Dubs want eternal life at all costs and believe in the resurrection of the body, this is a particularly bad teaching to reject. Someone should get up and read this scripture aloud at the annual memorial "let's reject Jesus" party.

And if they did, someone would probably holler out, "JW's abstain from blood!"

John 6:47-71.

Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.
    I am the bread of life.
    Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but they died;
    this is the bread that comes down from heaven so that one may eat it and not die.
    I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world."
    The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us (his) flesh to eat?"
    Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
    Whoever eats 19 my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
    For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
    Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.
    Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.
    This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever."
    These things he said while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.
    20 Then many of his disciples who were listening said, "This saying is hard; who can accept it?"
    Since Jesus knew that his disciples were murmuring about this, he said to them, "Does this shock you?
    What if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? 21
    It is the spirit that gives life, while the flesh 22 is of no avail. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
    But there are some of you who do not believe." Jesus knew from the beginning the ones who would not believe and the one who would betray him.
    And he said, "For this reason I have told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by my Father."
    As a result of this, many (of) his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him.
    Jesus then said to the Twelve, "Do you also want to leave?"
    Simon Peter answered him, "Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
    We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the Holy One of God."
    Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you twelve? Yet is not one of you a devil?"
    He was referring to Judas, son of Simon the Iscariot; it was he who would betray him, one of the Twelve.

http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/john/john6.htm

StAnn

• oompa
    oompa

Mary, i e-mailed my wt conducting fascher the quote from the first paragraph, and them mentioned about how almost ALL religions teach an everlasting life of some sort...so now how will he conduct the WT with a clear concience??....i told him i could not even get past the first paragraph and that i had spoken with four elders as to how could i possibly get my faith back several months ago.....and ya..........NONE of them have even called me back!.....and none even invited me to the memorial this year!!....pathetic..........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit