COMMENTS YOU WILL NOT HEAR AT THE WT STUDY: Help Them Return Without Delay!

by Mary 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Clam
    Clam

Very good Mary.

I feel sorry for that poor Brother who was away from the Congo for 25 years and the buggers still got him back.

If Armageddon looks pretty imminent, at least it sounds as though we'll be taken back. For now though I'm going to continue to enjoy this system of things.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Hey Quirky,

Tell her there's no such thing as a PO anymore! It's now the COBOE (Coordinator of the Body of Elders) or some such legalistically adjusted jargon.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Hey Quirky,

Tell her there's no such thing as a PO anymore! It's now the COBOE (Coordinator of the Body of Elders) or some such legalistically adjusted jargon.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Thanks for the analysis Mary. Have to say, they really have ramped things up with the public/jw-only WTs now. Madness!

I hope I get the oppurtunity to share some of the points you made with some of the few dubs that still converse with me.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1
    Hey Quirky,

I brought this up a week ago and she still insists there is a PO title.

• Purza
    Purza

Thank you Mary. That was very interesting and informative - especially now since I might be welcomed back into the family home.

Purza

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Wow, great commenst Mary. I know my Mom is being lured back in, so I need to be ready for her call after this "wonderful" article full of doublespeak and innuendo.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

They are the masters in taking Jesus away and putting the ''faithful and discreet slave'' in his place. Notice paragraph 1 how Jesus had ''sayings of everlasting life." Notice paragraphs 10,11 how the ''faithful and discreet slave'' have the sayings of everlasting life( spiritual food ) and not Jesus.

Also,paragraphs 10,11 mention how the Israelites "forgot God's works". They replace God's works with....'' today some forget how the person origi­nally learned the truth from( the faithful and discreet slave).''

Q1. What did Peter say when many disciples aban­doned Jesus?

JESUS CHRIST was once abandoned by many disciples who rejected one of his teachings. "You do not want to go also, do you?" he asked his apostles. Peter replied: "Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life." (John 6:51-69)

Q 10, 11. What reasoning may be effective in trying to help one who had a different understanding of some Bible teaching?

10. Some may have left God's flock because they did not agree with some Scriptural teaching. The Israelites freed from Egyptian bondage "forgot [God's] works" on their be­half and "did not wait for his counsel" (Ps. 106:13) It may be helpful to remind an in­active one that "the faithful and discreet slave" is dispensing excellent spiritual food. (Matt. 24:45) That is how the person origi­nally learned the truth. So why should he not be determined to walk in the truth again? -2 John 4.

The entire Watchtower is built on the foundation of the chosen "faithful and discreet slave". Once that collapses the whole foundation cracks.

• still_in74
    still_in74

I can already sense my "encouragement" coming. I have seen some initiative taken already.

Its always the same, they invite you over, feed you, and then on their couch and in their home they ask you if you would like to "work together" in service this Saturday.

I cant wait........

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

YEAH. RIGHT.

Paragraph 4 says to read Galatians 6.

Why don't the Witchtowers ever say to read Galatians 1: 8 whenever thay go on about the Earthly

hope for Christians. A thing the litterature has claimed was a "noolite" given to the Gibbering Buddy

in the 20th Cent.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit