I'm Perfect, You're Doomed: Tales from a Jehovah's Witness Upbringing --- (new book)

by inkling 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

As Lance mentioned Kyria is in our meetup here in NYC. We are looking forward to this release.

Isaac

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A@G said,

She's in our meetup...

That's great! How on earth did she get Janeane Garofalo to write a review? That trumps ray franz, in my book.

I'm also curious about why she went with a hardcover edition instead of a less-expensive paperback. And did she look at LuLu as a printing option?

The cover art is BRILLIANT! What a clever turn on the old From Paradise Lost illustrations.

Maybe you can invite her to join us here A@G.

• inkling
    inkling
    I'm also curious about why she went with a hardcover edition instead of a less-expensive paperback.

Isn't this standerd practice for any serious mainstream book?
    First release the expensive hardcover, and then later release paperback after initial sales have tapped out?

If this book is being reviewed by NPR and Janeane Garofalo, this is not nearly the niche book CoC is.

Plus, the preorder price of 16.50 seems a pretty good deal.

[inkling]

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Wow -- finally a mainstream, first-person account of growing up a Witness. i almost htought I'd never see the day.

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

Ordered!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Hm. Mainstream comedian/movie star thinks it's funny. Let's hope there's a movie deal with major actors soon! You know JWs would see it even if they didn't tell anyone they did.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Can I use this book in my family study?

• cawshun
    cawshun

I just ordered the book, can't wait to read it, thanks for letting us know about it.

cawshun

• carla
    carla

deserves a bttt

• brinjen
    brinjen

I am sooo getting this book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit