MY DAD WANTS TO STUDY WITH THE KIDS

by thebigdebate 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• thebigdebate
    thebigdebate

You all bring up some very good points.

I agree that I am the parent and that I need to do what is best for my kids.

I also agree that I think that my dad is testing me to see if I am in or out. I think that if he know for sure that I am out, that he would rally the other elders to get to the bottom of it and I would be df'd.

The thing that makes me the most mad about JW's is the dfing. My brother is df'd and I see how it affects him and I dont want to be df'd. But on the other side, I feel like I should stand up and speak my feeling and if my family cant accept that then that is it I guess.

I also agree with the point that my dad is going to be talking about how my wife and I will be destroyed very soon - I agree that that is wrong to try to convince the kids that their parents are bad people.

thebigdebate

• StAnn
    StAnn

What does your wife say about this?

StAnn

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You have the natural assignment of being Protector #1 of Your Children. Do you want your children to be cult members?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Anyone that says mom and dad are going to die because they aren't JW's are poison to kids.

I would get DF'd in a heartbeat if that was the consequence of keeping my kids away from the religion. Oh, wait. They did DF me for that! I taught my kids to think for themselves and to find their own path in spirituality. And I was DF'd.

And I would do it 100 times over again. In fact, I wish I had wised up long ago and NEVER exposed my kids to the damaging trash.

• Gayle
    Gayle

How old are your children? It is "your" responsibility to teach your children. You could go over some Bible stories with your children yourself if you wish. Tell your Dad you are all busy with school, studying/homework, gymnastics, baseball/soccor, family outings. Afterall, you have an active life now, not a "wait until" whenever and so do your children.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Or you could just tell dad to butt out. He had his chance to raise children, it's your turn. My mom and MIL liked that one.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Or you could tell your Dad that you're glad he brought it up because he's reminded you of your duty to give your kids a good religious education. And then take them to the church of your choice. After all, you've said that you won't prevent them from doing research. Let them research Christianity or Buddhism, why does it have to be the Dubs?

StAnn

• carla
    carla

Please, please, please protect your children from this dangerous, spiritually abusive, and deadly cult. How can anyone spend any time at all on these board, see all the damage done, adults who struggle everyday due to the jw upbringing ever allow their children anywhere near the jw's? It boggles my mind.

• gabriella
    gabriella

My mom is doing the same thing to my brother right now. She wants the kids to study so that they don't "suffer for his poor choices". It makes me sick how they can claim to love a God who they actually believe would kill their own Grandkids,, Plus, kids don't need to grow up being affraid of God and of Armaggedon. I would decline, plus it is insinuating that your training/teaching at home isn't adequate. They are a prideful/arrogant bunch sometimes.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Dig a hole..Deep enough to bury a body..Show it to him......Tell him not to mess with your kids!..LOL!!........Coffin.........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit