Child Predator Caught by my Son

by purplesofa 34 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Friday night my oldest son spent the night at one of his friends house.

His friend and wife went to bed and James, my son, stayed up and played video games with their two children, son 11, daughter 9. The son and James went to bed. The little girl continued to play and fell asleep on the sofa.

James got up a little after midnight to get a drink of water.

When he did there was an intruder in the house. The intruder ran. James beat on his friend's bedroom wall and said there is someone in the house. James then took off after the intruder who went out the door. The wife called 911, and her husband, in his underwear, went after the intruder as well.

My son tackled the guy, by then the husband got there. They took the intruder back to the van in the frontyard waiting for the cops to arrive. The husband knows this man, he lives on his very sames street. He asked him "Why" and all the guy could say was " I wanted to have a look around. I have been in there before." The cops were there 4:33 minutes from the time the 911 call went through.

My son told the cops that when he tackled the guy a bunch of papers came out from his coat. The cops went to where James tackled the guy and found four pairs of the little girls panties.

There is a bit more to the story.

But the man is taken into custody without bond or bail, whatever they call it. They searched his house ( the man is married with a son) and found 150 pairs of panties in the house.

The little nine year old girl had panties missing from her dirty clothes hamper right after Thanksgiving, but it was just weird, they were missing. The mother of the little girl was telling me this.

My son and the couple went to every house in the neighborhood to tell what had happened. Two doors down from this house is where my nephew's (11) father lives with his new wife and 16 year old daughter. They said that probably explains the stack of blocks underneath her bedroom window. They were stacked there once, removed and restacked. They thought it was teenage boys trying to get in. Poor girl trying to get out of that.

Well, there is more. The couple just received two foster girls two weeks ago age 5 and 7. The couple that are friends with my son reported it to DHS, which cannot do anything until tomorrow, which they(DHS) felt the girls were not in danger as the man is in jail.

And, the couple(intruder and his wife) teaches childrens bible classes at Mount Carmel Baptist Church in our town.

The wife of the intruder is in shock, she told the cops he takes walks at midnight every night, she does not know where he goes, but that he smokes, and cannot smoke in the house.

The house where my son stays has dogs that usually bark and no one heard the dogs bark. Also, this is out in the country and they did not have their doors locked. Which is not unusual for people that live in the country.

The man's computer has been confiscated and won't be looked at until tomorrow.

My son said if he had known they were panties and not papers/documents he would have beat the shit out of him. The cop said, if you had killed him, it would have saved on alot of paperwork.

purps

• LDH
    LDH

Wow I can't believe your son went after the guy!!!!! Purps that is really scary.

I'm so thankful he didn't hurt anyone, and that he was CAUGHT.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

He was barefoot and he said his feet still hurt like hell. lol

I will see whats in the paper and try to post it. The paper in this area only comes out on Wednesday.

So might not be till then, unless it makes the major paper here.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Please tell Jason that I'm SOOOOO proud of him!! I'm sorry that his feet still hurt,

but think of the pain he has saved for others!!

JAMES, you are a hero, in my book!!

shelley

• beksbks
    beksbks

You guys are making me cry.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Freak me out!

Scary as hell!

And your son is a brave one.

I am a bit afraid for his bravery, though.

The next time he goes after an intruder it could be a burgular with a gun. Sorry, purps, not to take away from the courage he displayed, but he needs to reason other actions he could have taken that are safer. Like accurate descriptions and watching his direction in leaving. If he had not been caught (at great risk to your son) then a trap and a neighborhood nightwatch could have been set up. He would have been caught very soon.

There are other ways to handle things without endangering your own life. Please talk with him about that.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was just talking to a friend of mine about that. I said I can't believe my son went after him! And she said, it's instinct, he is that kind of guy. I think his adrenaline just rushed. And yeah, when the call went to 911 the wife told me they asked if there was a gun and of course she did not know. And she said she was scared if there was a gun or weopan of some sort.

Thankfully there were cops very close by and got there in a hurry.

There are details I don't feel comfortable posting here, what they find on the computer will tell more.

My son just told me earlier today and I am still shakey.

purps

edited to add...how the hell do you spell weopan

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Don't cry beks, it's settling in for me and making me where I couldn't breath and teary.

You just want to know your kids are always safe.

I feel for the little girls just placed there. No doubt they won't be able to stay.

purps

• beksbks
    beksbks

Purps, per instinct. I used to live in San Fran, and one night we were walking home (I was very young, 19), through the neighborhood, which wasn't that great. We walked past "the projects" which we always did, and this night, a girl came running out screaming, she was scared and disheveled, and had no shoes. She said they had tried to rape her. Well here I am with a bunch of guys, and I go running straight into the dark courtyard. The boys caught me just as I got into it, and dragged me out. I always wondered just what the hell I thought I was going to DO??? I figure when people are good hearted, they find a strength and well, they kinda lose their mind. Fortunately your son was big enough and strong enough to back up his good heart!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit