Are you a failure?

by John Doe 54 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm not a failure.

At one time I thought I was due to not being able to sustain a healthy relationship with my two husbands.

Now, I realize that I simply don't like men. I've accepted that and moved on.

Bek, that was a beautiful parable. It reminds me of those The Master told.

Don't go there, John Doe!

Sylvia

• cognac
    cognac

No! I have made many mistakes that I have learned and grown from. I have defied what people told me I couldn't do and feel very accomplished because of that. I believed in myself even when nobody else did. I did things (like take college courses) that people told me I shouldn't do. I was treated as though I was stupid when I was little because of a learning disorder. I have lived with my disorder and have learned to use my strengths heavily. I am very proud of myself. I am happy at where I am in life and that I'm free of the burden (because I'm no longer under JW mind control) of feeling bad for everything I now look at as a strength in me.

• poppers
  • poppers
    poppers

Ooops - double post.

Along these lines, I will post one of my favorite parables.

Great parable, beks. Thanks for posting.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    We need to see a video of your bird.

Here's one from the election campaign. I have to admit this was not an immediate success, but we will eventually get rid of Harper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ5F-P3H5PM

• sacolton
    sacolton

In order to succeed, one must fail.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'm currently reading a very interesting book The Happiness Hypothesis. One of the chapters concerns the subject of whether or not one needs to experience a significant failure or tragedy of some sort in order to be a happier, more fulfilled person down the road. The author concludes (with qualifications) that the answer, according to the research, is yes. The qualifications being, the degree of the failure or tragedy, the stage of life that the person was in when it occurred, and how the person interprets their response to the failure in their internal life story.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Dan, I would say that applies to my current relationship. I ended my first marriage after 20+ years. It was the hardest thing I've ever been through. I learned so much, I know there is no way I could be as happy as I am now if I had not been through that experience.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ninja, you neglected to give us your address!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No one gets through life without failing more than once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit