• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Isa 26:10-11
    10 Though grace is shown to the wicked,
    they do not learn righteousness;
    even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil
    and regard not the majesty of the LORD.

Let's do a FULL light and dark replacement for the above text:

'Though "LIGHT" is shown to the "dark", they do not learn "light"; even in a land of "light" they go on doing "dark" and regard not the majesty of "LIGHT."'

Jesus confirms that.

John 3:19-20
    19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Peter emphasises the blatant defiance:

2 Peter 2:13-14
    Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you. 14 With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning;

1 Thess 5:4-5
    4 But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

If there were no night time, how would we see the stars?

• kes152
    kes152

d0rkyd00d,

The scripture is not speaking of no 'night time' it is speaking of no more Night.

Night is the name God gave Darkness at the time God created 'Light.' He is the first Enemy of God, and the last enemy that will be 'brought to nothing.' (1 Corinthians 15:26).

"Night" is the entity that is responsible for the unrighteousness that was FOUND in the 'anointed cherub.' God DID NOT give Satan the ability to "create evil." If God did, that makes Satan a Creator. There is but ONE Creator, our God and Father, and his Son, our Lord and Saviour.

Night, did not create evil either. He IS evil and has always been 'evil.' Just as God is 'good' and has holy spirit, "Night" is 'bad' and Night has his 'spirit.' God's spirit bears fruit of love, joy, peace, goodness, kindness, etc. Night's spirit bears fruit of sickness, pain, suffering, sin, anger, hatred, death, etc.

When Jesus chose 'good' OVER 'bad,' God 'begot' him with his holy spirit. The 'anointed cherub' chose 'bad' OVER 'good' and thus was 'begotten' by Night's 'spirit.' The 'anointed cherub,' thus became an only begotten 'son' to Night, and Night became his 'father.'

Peace to you,
    Aaron

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

Just caught this so if I may add;
    Evil is either caused by god, or exists independently; but it can't
    be caused by god because then he could not be all loving, nor can it exist hostilely, because then he would not be all powerful. Evil is not a result of god or the devil, the laws of existence present themselves in the form of what is morally good or evil.

mn

it is by reason alone that we can distinguish truth from falsehood....

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

>>God DID NOT give Satan the ability to "create evil."<<

Satan gave himself the ability to create evil.

>>If God did, that makes Satan a Creator.<<

What the heck kind of logic is that. Satan can create all sorts of things ie, Satan created the first lie. He just can't create life.

Satan is the creator of evil. Just like you are the creator of whatever you do, think and say.

• seven006
    seven006

I thought evil came from a piece of bad fruit?

I hope this doesn't piss off too many of my christian friends here but I have always liked Nietzche's thought on evil.

Quote:

"The christian resolve to find the world evil and ugly has made the world evil and ugly."

I think if Nietzsche would have picked on a few of the other world religions of his time he would have said the same thing about them. It's just my perception, take it or leave it.

Dave

• kes152
    kes152

>>>Satan gave himself the ability to create evil.<<<<

Nope, sorry, because:

"NO ONE can recieve a SINGLE thing, except it have been GIVEN him from heaven." - John 3:27

Hence, the ONLY one who "could" have given our Adversary the 'ability' to create would be the Creator himself.

>>>What the heck kind of logic is that. Satan can create all sorts of things ie, Satan created the first lie. He just can't create life.<<<

It's called 'reasoning.' Anyone who can create is a 'creator' .. for a 'creator' is one who CAN create. You say Satan created the first lie... that is incorrect. Satan did not 'create' the first lie.. nor did he TELL the first lie. Someone else was a liar b4 him, and it was from that One, that bearing false witness originated from.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

The Greek word here is "anthroopos" which is rendered correctly as "man." The Revised Standard inaccurately rendered the word as can be clearly seen by every other translation, Also, the context is NOT talking about Satan, it is talking about Christ and men.

John 3:27-28
    27 To this John replied, "A MAN can receive only what is given him from heaven.
    NIV

John 3:26-27
    27 John answered and said, "A MAN can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven.
    NKJV

John 3:27
    27 John answered and said, "A MAN can receive nothing unless it has been given him from heaven.
    NASU

27 John answered and said, A MAN can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.
    KJV

27 John answered and said, A MAN can receive nothing, except it have been given him from heaven.
    ASV

John 3:26-28
    27 John answered and said, "A MAN can receive nothing, unless it has been given him from heaven.
    NAS

John 3:27-28
    27 John replied, "God in heaven appoints each man's work.
    TLB

>>You say Satan created the first lie... that is incorrect. Satan did not 'create' the first lie.<<

John 8:44-46
    44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!

Christ is speaking to you in verse 45.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit