Why is there evil

by d0rkyd00d 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

>>I'm wondering why a perfect being who's creation was originally perfect could be flawed in that they had even the potential of going from good to bad, like Satan did.<<

I don't believe it has to do with a flaw in the Creator, rather it has to do with love and trust.

1 Cor 13:4-7
    4 Love...always trusts...

That would mean God created new spiritual life in the heavens with unlimited potential, for GOOD. Unlimited potential is good and it trusts. But, there was a simple boundary. Who was "god" and who wasn't. Satan used God's trust as a means to grow as "god."

>>Satan was a perfect angel, incapable of hate<<

I believe that is not true. Satan created hate within himself, just as you create intangible feelings inside yourself (some good some bad), of which you are the source of, that can eventually manifest themselves as actions.

>>just as God is.<<

God is capable of hate. He hates that which is in opposition to love. God's hate has it's source from Satan's lie.

>>So how'd Satan even have the emotional capacity for jealousy or greed if God knew no such things, therefore being unable to create anything with these emotions?<<

Love trusts all things. God's original spiritual creations had unlimited potential because of the love and trust that was/is God. That love and trust could be abused and was abused.

>>Or is God so powerful that he creates things not knowing their full capabilities?<<

A powerful God would create other beings with a limitless potential to do things inside themselves (intellect). I believe it was an infinite internal potential (intellect) that God entrusted to new life. That potential stopped when that infinite potential on the inside, became corrupted by thinking of oneself as equal to or better than the source, and manifested itself on the outside as evil, by the expression of WHO WAS REALLY GOD.

>>Or can God make a rock so big that he can't pick it up?<<

God's Love and trust was so big, that he Himself cannot be the source of evil.

• MikeNightHaShev
    MikeNightHaShev

>>>Why would his creation be imperfect if God is perfect?

Your questions stem from not understanding what G-d is through being taught properly the Biblical description of a non form or non image describtion of G-d. IN other words the Bible describes G-d as an essence and that essence being the power and source of life to become all it could or should be and this involves taking that chaos and imperfection and bringing it to order and perfection (to be all it could and should be). Thus G-d's essence is to LIVE while the adversary nature of man in decaying, desturction and death is called EVIL because it's opposite the nature to live.
    Look carefully; "EVIL" is mirror opposite (backwards)the word "LIVE".

>>> And how did any sort of evil tendency reside inside of an angel

The story of the fallen angel requires context of the Hebrew word Malakh (which became angel). The word simply means Messenger/prophet therefore you have good messengers of G-d's words and bad messengers who rebelled from the word and taught their own.
    Basically the story in the bible tells you the top main messenger prophet (archangel/false messiah) falls from grace for teaching adversary to the Torah and is replaced (overturned) by the Shiloh (one who's right it is)the true archangel who removes satan, therefore we know Moshiach is archangel Michael the remover of this adversary teachings.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

>>Look carefully; "EVIL" is mirror opposite (backwards)the word "LIVE".<<

If I look too close, that means God is a Dog if I follow that line of reasoning.

I don't believe God or any of His essence is based upon forward and backward English words. But, if that belief is your truth, go for it, knock yourself out.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi DorkyDood!

NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU! How have you been? I always enjoyed your posts!

Now, I know this has been a question of evil that seems loosely based on the Bible and belief in a God/Creator.

However, I would like to interject a different thought.

Evil could be applied to those who violently kill others, kill innocent children, hurt and maim others, steal, etc.

All those actions existed in the animal world long before man. So, did a loving creator create/force/coerce these actions in the animals? And how can you blame humans for the same actions?

The Bible, in error I believe, states at Genesis 1:30 that all creation ate green vegetation before Adam. This is patently untrue. The writer (Moses?) was ignorant of the existence of dinasours waaaay before his time and the supposed time of Genesis.

The dinasours were every bit as "evil" (predatory and their prey) as animals always have been.

So, "evil," if I've defined it right, has always existed as long as there has been life on this earth. This fits the evolution theory much better than a creator. If you created life systems, would you have them viciously (and they are vicious) eat and hurt one another? Surely you could come up with something kinder than that!

Even Isaiah said that that would be done away with (the wolf will lie down with the lamb, etc.). This highlights the offensiveness of the killing fields of nature.

Evil exists in man because he has evolved from animals and that trait of utilizing another life to preserve your own has been there 'from the beginning' of evolution.

For what it's worth, my 2 cents,
    Pat

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

>>All those actions existed in the animal world long before man. So, did a loving creator create/force/coerce these actions in the animals?<<

I believe God purposely created animals as predator and victim right from the beginning, as a representation of what was happening in heaven.

>>And how can you blame humans for the same actions?<<

Are you saying because many of the instinctual animals were created as hunter and hunted, thinking humans can do it too with no recourse? I wonder what Adam thought as he observed a created world of predator and prey?

Satan keeps walking around like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone...

Which came first? Satan as a devourer? Or the created predator? I believe Satan came first.

Satan the serpent. Which came first, the animal or the slimy slippery cunning spiritual being? I believe Satan came first. His image and likeness came later.

I have a sense that the animal kingdom was created after the Satanic rebellion in heaven, as a likeness of what was going on in heaven between spirit creatures and God and what was to come in the physical creation of mankind.

I do not believe that spirit creatures can be "devoured" as in annihilated as humans can, but were "eaten" by Satan in the sense of being torn from God's side and used to keep alive and support his evil "I Am A God" trip.

>>The Bible, in error I believe, states at Genesis 1:30 that all creation ate green vegetation before Adam.<<

It does not say that. It says green vegetation was given to all animals to eat. It does not say all creation just ate vegetation. Look:

Gen 1:30
    30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground--everything that has the breath of life in it--I give every green plant for food."

>>This is patently untrue. The writer (Moses?) was ignorant of the existence of dinasours waaaay before his time and the supposed time of Genesis.<<

Predator and prey were created from the beginning by God. Spiders since creation always spun webs to cocoon their prey and suck out the life juices. Sharks since creation have always eaten meat. Snakes, since their creation, always snuck up on their prey and swallowed them whole. Lobsters were created with them big fat crunching claws for one thing only, crack the shells of the other crustaceans it was going to have as a meal. Whales always ate plankton, etc, etc, etc...That's the way God planned it, that's the way God meant it to be.

Even inside my body at the cellular level are predator and prey. The body was created EXACTLY like the heavens. GOOD and BAD. Good cells attack the bad cells. Antibodies are PREDATORS on the bad. VIRUSES and BACTERIA are predators on the GOOD.

The physical world was created in a heavenly environment of GOOD AND BAD. I believe the physical creation mirrors what's above.

>>The dinasours were every bit as "evil" (predatory and their prey) as animals always have been.<<

God created it (predator and prey) that way for a reason. So we would know what the deal was in heaven.

>>So, "evil," if I've defined it right, has always existed as long as there has been life on this earth.<<

Evil existed as the being Satan before Genesis 1:1. The physical creation was a representation of the violent discord that the heavens were thrown into by Satan. The symbols of serpent and lamb are perfect for the two who were at odds before Genesis 1:1.

I see this:
    The Lamb (Christ) is eaten whole by the snake. Little did the snake know that this particular lamb is going to eat him from the inside out.

>>This fits the evolution theory much better than a creator.<<

I believe creation was a physical picture of the heavens messed up by Satan. There were two created (Adam and Eve) in their (God's) image and likeness that were plopped down into a physical world of predator and prey, which was a depiction of the Father and Son in a heavenly rebellion. Adam and Eve were contaminated by the "evil" (Satan) around them that the physical world was created in the likeness of.

>>If you created life systems, would you have them viciously (and they are vicious) eat and hurt one another?<<

I surely would if I were trying to tell my physical creation what heaven was like with the existence of Satan in Adversary mode.

FOOD. In food is life. God created a world that also depicted the answer to this creation of good and bad. Things that die are food for the living.

Food is death. For everything alive, something else must die, whether it be plant or animal. The earth itself is BOUND OVER to a death cycle. Fertilizer is death. Fertlizer means life.

God created a world that NEEDED death to continue LIFE. That physical picture of death for life is Christ. The true food. Only by the death of the true food could life have any hope of continuing.

>>Surely you could come up with something kinder than that!<<

No, there was no kindness in creation at the time Genesis 1:1. As a matter of fact, it was in utter spiritual conflict and upheaval.

>>Even Isaiah said that that would be done away with (the wolf will lie down with the lamb, etc.). This highlights the offensiveness of the killing fields of nature.<<

It highlights that predator and prey shall end on earth as it will in heaven.

>>Evil exists in man because he has evolved from animals and that trait of utilizing another life to preserve your own has been there 'from the beginning' of evolution.<<

No, I believe evil exists in man as a result of evil's (Satan's) contaminating effect. God created things that infect by contamination (like yeast) in the image of Satan.

>>For what it's worth, my 2 cents,<<

"Two" cents is in the image and likeness of God.

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

This theory of God created animals with violent tendencies to represent what was going on in heaven is an interesting one to me. Where is your biblical basis for even starting to believe this?

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

"Think about it. Lucifer gave us emotions. He gave us a freedom that was not given to us by God...that of the capability of thinking evil thoughts and thus giving us that which we as a western society cherish the most; free will. That was not given to us by God, but the so-called 'enemy of man'. Yet the 'enemy of man' is the only angel capable of human emotions. And for this he was cast from heaven."

~S. Parker

• patio34
    patio34

Pomegranate,

You are very erudite in your explanations of my post. I respect the way you can give the rationale of each point.

I may disagree with you, but enjoy your posts.

All the best,
    Pat

• MikeNightHaShev
    MikeNightHaShev

Pomegranate,
    It's a way of expressing the message and getting a point across
    but now that you mention it 'G-d should be man's best friend' not the dog.
    But if you don't understand what G-d is because the message about G-d is distorted by the fallen messengers of the Church then you would not understand the true meaning of becoming best friends with the essence we call G-d.
    In other words you might take that literal instead of it's true sense.

• Bang
    Bang

Well, it is about opposites I suppose. There is, so there is not. We all have freedom of will, and with it we may reject what is in favour of what is not. Evil is anti what is - antilife - antitruth - antichrist - antisocial - antilight - pretty much all the opposite. We are either for Him (truly for life) or against Him (for what is false).

Sin is the alienating behaviour that results from choosing what is not truth, evil. By eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil man took on board the false idea, which is that you know right from wrong, or what is good or corrupt, independent of Him. Then it was for love of us that He kerbed us living forever independently. To see us living forever in darkness of mind was grieving to see - we are greater than the other animals.

Who can bear seeing loved ones living a lie? Isn't that why people post on this board? What grief it causes, and how much suffering is too much when knowing a good outcome - is it no amount?

The antitruth or nothingness is inherrant to the current worldly man. The choice for nontruth comes from other than God, "and without Him was Nothing made that Was made". We and the evil or opposite one labour the corruption of creation - we should enter the Sabbath, at least have Sundays off it.

Evil doesn't necessarily know, and may even deny, that it's evil, becoming bound - a lie about a lie - "loose him and let him go" etc. Evil is the movement toward the dark, or death - but He overcame death for us, after man chose it - nothing is impossible for Him.

Bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit